Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denis_L
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error when connecting to MS SQL Server through Qlik Sense Cloud Business - 08001 Failed to locate Server

Hello

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to SQL server at Qlik Sense Cloud Business

Error [08001][Qlik][SqlServer] Failed to locate Server/Instance Specified

I tried to find anything online but all the posts are related to Qlik enterprise but not cloud.

I have opened a ticked with support week ago but have not received any respond. 

Does anyone has any suggestion how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Denis

DM
Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Denis_L  If you're not using the IP address, try that and make sure it's the external IP address as the internal one will not work. Also check out this video. It will walk you through the prereq's for connecting to a local database from the cloud and gives open SQL credentials that you can use to test and ensure there is nothing happening with the tenant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdQu5ZjuRY&list=PLdnQXZq2xRoA7CBXn8wiYB184rP1HzRKe&index=5

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Denis_L  If you're not using the IP address, try that and make sure it's the external IP address as the internal one will not work. Also check out this video. It will walk you through the prereq's for connecting to a local database from the cloud and gives open SQL credentials that you can use to test and ensure there is nothing happening with the tenant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdQu5ZjuRY&list=PLdnQXZq2xRoA7CBXn8wiYB184rP1HzRKe&index=5

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a correct resolution 🙂
Denis_L
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Jamie.

This is a video I was looking for but could not find.

I sent all the information to IT department so once they are done I will test and see if that worked.

Thank you very much.

Denis.

DM
MaxSmart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Jamie! This help me also.