Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

How to know which server is node and which is slave?

Hello ( @Levi_Turner )

I have a cluster of 2 nodes (master and slave)

In each of the servers : all services are running.. (so difficult to differenciate that way)

The question is, based on the host name (maybe?) , how to know which server is the central and which is the node?

OmarBenSalem_0-1675248302968.png

I'm planning to upgrade the servers.. so It's mandatory for me to pinpoint which is what.

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The easiest way would be to expose the Central Node column in the nodes section of the QMC:

Levi_Turner_0-1675258057799.png

View solution in original post

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

So you've set up DNS aliases for the underlying servers and do not know which alias is which server? This isn't answerable in Qlik Sense and it's piggy backing on the networking in the environment. I'd go this approach

cmd.exe:

ping qliksensecentral.corp.inpkg.net

> note the IP

ping LB01

> note the IP

ping LB02

> note the IP

If it's a simple DNS alias, then you should have an IP address match for either the 01 or 02 servers. If you are using a network appliance to provide the DNS alias, then it won't and you'd need to check with your colleagues who administer those devices to determine what server(s) are in the back-end pool.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The easiest way would be to expose the Central Node column in the nodes section of the QMC:

Levi_Turner_0-1675258057799.png

OmarBenSalem
Author

That's not what I'm looking for.

In fact, I have 2 servers : LBN01 et LBN02; I want to know which server is central and which one is RIM.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

The Central node is the server listed as Central = Yes in the above screenshot. The RIM node(s) is any other node listed.

OmarBenSalem
Author

Thank you Levi but still.. that's not what I'm asking for

We have 2 servers LB01 and LB02 in which we have installed 2 qlik sense servers (CENTRAL and RIM)

I know that the host name : qliksensecentral is the central node but i don't know wheither it's the LB01 or LB02 server.

OmarBenSalem_0-1675333513438.png

Why am I looking for this? To know in which order I'll do the upgrade (stop the rim services then central etc)..

Omar

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

So you've set up DNS aliases for the underlying servers and do not know which alias is which server? This isn't answerable in Qlik Sense and it's piggy backing on the networking in the environment. I'd go this approach

cmd.exe:

ping qliksensecentral.corp.inpkg.net

> note the IP

ping LB01

> note the IP

ping LB02

> note the IP

If it's a simple DNS alias, then you should have an IP address match for either the 01 or 02 servers. If you are using a network appliance to provide the DNS alias, then it won't and you'd need to check with your colleagues who administer those devices to determine what server(s) are in the back-end pool.