Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darshan_kotian
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Planning to Increase Cores & RAM, Do i need to make any changes?

Hi,

We are planning to increase Core & RAM sized of Qlik Sense on Windows on AWS.

Do i need to perform any changes?

We had increase RAM size prior, only server restart was required, do i need to know anything regarding changes to Core?

Also hostname wont be changed

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @darshan_kotian,

I don't believe there is anything else that is required. I would only suggest that you back up the environment prior to making any changes to the platform.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @darshan_kotian,

I don't believe there is anything else that is required. I would only suggest that you back up the environment prior to making any changes to the platform.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

@darshan_kotian, if you do not have a core-based license then increasing the cores will not impact you in a detrimental fashion.

Although one thing you may want to investigate is concurrent reloads, which is impacted as a function of the number of cores.

Though if you have particularly large apps, then you'd have to ensure that amount of RAM increase is enough to accommodate loading large apps concurrently. In this way addressing scaling and concurrency can be a balancing act.

These may not be immediate concerns for you and your organization but we have multiple articles on reviewing scalability and performance concerns that may be informative.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!