Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etemuyar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense 4545 port - Proxy is waiting for a new session

Hi all, 

I have upgraded Qlik Sense in a multi-node environment from November 2021 to November 2022 version. But now I'm having an error accessing the hub. I always receive the bellow error: The proxy is waiting for a new session.

etemuyar_0-1673520469264.png

I have explored the community and did everything recommended however it still exists. I have even tried uninstalling/restoring back. 

When I check with QlikSenseUtil, I see that 4545 port is not accessible within all the nodes. This is the only error I get on QlikSenseUtil and hence I thought it's related to above error I'm getting on the hub.

Error pinging host:'x-xx.xxx.xxx:4545' Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xxx.xxx.xx.xx:4545

Does anyone had the same issue? Can someone help me resolve this? 

Have a nice day, 

Etem Uyar

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @etemuyar ,

Thanks for posting.

Did you edited the default ports? As I do not see port 4545 listed on the default ones:

Ports | Qlik Sense for administrators Help

If yes, what is port 4545 used for?

Is that user by another software? please check How to check which program is using a specific por... - Qlik Community - 1713742

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
etemuyar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert, 

I have not edited default ports but 4545 is used by Service Dispatcher as I read on some documents which I cannot find now. Please see below: 

4545 This port is used by the Migration Service for app migration purposes. The service is launched and managed by the Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher (QSD).
Albert_Candelario

Thanks, indeed it was listed at:

Ports | Qlik Sense for administrators Help

Have you had the chance to check if is used by another process?

Cheers,

Albert

etemuyar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have checked and it's not used by any other process. 

I have tried deleting and recreating the certificates in all nodes, restarting QSD but no solution yet.

Thanks, 

Etem

Albert_Candelario

@etemuyar  what version are you using?
What is the comment stated here returning for the port? 
How To Check Open Ports Using PowerShell - Qlik Community - 1714308

Test-PortConnection -Destination localhost -Ports 80,443,4239,4241,4242,4243,4244,4248,4432,4444,4545,4555,4570,4747,4748,4899,4900,4949,5050,5151,5252

If the port is not responding/open, it might be worth checking it within your internal IT team.

Let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Albert 

etemuyar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I'm using Nov'22 version patch 2. 

Although I do not see any problem on QlikSenseUtil except for the 4545 port, below is the response for the mentioned query: 

Destination : localhost
Port 80 : Failure
Port 443 : Failure
Port 4239 : Failure
Port 4241 : Success
Port 4242 : Failure
Port 4243 : Failure
Port 4244 : Failure
Port 4248 : Failure
Port 4432 : Failure
Port 4444 : Failure
Port 4545 : Success
Port 4555 : Success
Port 4570 : Success
Port 4747 : Failure
Port 4748 : Failure
Port 4899 : Failure
Port 4900 : Failure
Port 4949 : Failure
Port 5050 : Failure
Port 5151 : Failure
Port 5252 : Failure

Adam_R
Support
Support

Hello,

Thanks for the test. As you can see this test has many failures, and it's supposed to have 0. Please give this test result to your IT/ network admin team, and modify the firewall rules, until this test shows no errors.

Kind regards,

etemuyar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

There was a problem with above command, so I had to update it.

We have checked with our IT team and there is no firewall rules blocking these ports, so it must be okay however we are having below error from the script: 

WARNING: TCP connect to (127.0.0.1 : 4241) failed
WARNING: TCP connect to (127.0.0.1 : 4545) failed
WARNING: TCP connect to (127.0.0.1 : 4555) failed
WARNING: TCP connect to (127.0.0.1 : 4570) failed

Adam_R
Support
Support

Hello,

As said, this is an issue with the network, this has to be solved with your IT. All the tests should have 0 failures.

I repeat, this is not an issue with Qlik sense, but an issue in your envirnment.

Please also check for proxies, reverse proxies, load balancers, security software, firewall, switch/ router settings.

Kind regards