Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sri_c003
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense update install - silent option

Qlik version: February 2020 Patch 2.

I issued the qlik sense update as a silent install using the below command at command prompt:

Qlik_Sense_Update.exe install -log "C:\log\qlikpatch-install.log"

All I see is this calmly goes back to prompt and the update happens in the background on the same lines of Qlik setup exe silent install.

But I do not see any logs being generated. There are no logs generated at all - neither in the folder mentioned above, nor in the location where the installer is present. Only way to know if the update was successful is to go to control panel and check under programs and features and updates.

Can anyone help me perform the silent install of update with appropriate log file.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I recently ran into this same issue. The commands for silent patching are different than for silent installation.  See the Help entry on Silent patching > Commands for list of viable commands.  For example, to change the log path use command log= and then path to the log

Example:  Qlik_Sense_update.exe install log=C:\Temp startservices

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

I recently ran into this same issue. The commands for silent patching are different than for silent installation.  See the Help entry on Silent patching > Commands for list of viable commands.  For example, to change the log path use command log= and then path to the log

Example:  Qlik_Sense_update.exe install log=C:\Temp startservices

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!