Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnalyticsDev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense QMC - Feedback

Hi,

Im not sure if this is the correct subforum... 

I just wanted to give some feedback with the Qliksense QMC (Currently on August 2021 but plans to move to at least May 2023 soon).

The current QMC that I have is a mess.  There is absolutely no organization to it at all compared to what we used to have with Qlikview.  With the Qlikview QMC, you had trees and branches that you could organize tasks into.  At times, even that became cumbersome to deal with but in a small to medium Qlik environment it would work wonders compared to just a flat list of tasks.  Just looking at it, I cannot tell which tasks are dependent on the successful completion of other tasks without going into each individual task.  Better organization and visual of the QMC would go a long way with helping us manage the reloads for our business.

Suggestions:

Either provide an expandable/collapsible tree as is in Qlikview OR give us buttons to toggle on and off that would be something like this: All (all tasks as shown today), Stream 1, Stream 2, Stream 3.  This way we could see the tasks that pertain to apps within each individual stream.  

Give us a column we could add to this list that shows what previous task the current reload task is dependent on.

Give us a reload history. Seeing the history of the last reload sometimes doesn't help us discern if we have an issue in our Qlik environment or our overall infrastructure/architecture.  With Qlikview, we could see success/failures going back weeks if needed with the qlik of a button.

Overall, the old QMC from Qlikview provided much more management flexibility and customization and provided so much mroe information for us to manage our reloads.

One last thing to add:  I do use tags and have them displayed in our QMC.  It doesn't help, not nearly enough.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AnalyticsDev,

Suggest you create feature requests for your improvement ideas. Follow Qlik Support article How to Submit an Idea or Propose an Improvement to Qlik Products for steps.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AnalyticsDev,

Suggest you create feature requests for your improvement ideas. Follow Qlik Support article How to Submit an Idea or Propose an Improvement to Qlik Products for steps.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!