Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ennioaoki
Contributor III
Contributor III

Restore apps in another server

Hi, guys.

Here is my scenario: I would like to backup apps (and only apps and objects related to them - like extensions and keep custom sheets to their owners) from a server and restore in another one.

Reason: test of new QS versions before apply in production server and to check if custom extensions broke.

Restrictions: we have tons of apps, there are another users and sensitive info. And we'd like to test the exact app in the new version.

Any tip would be really helpful.

Thanks!

11 Replies
ennioaoki
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh, I'm sorry if I misunderstood you...

I'm supposing it due the fact the QlikClient certificate being generated in a server with a host name from the other one (see this attachment from a later post - I'm via TS in brspqliksense and the QlikClient is pointing to brdcqliksenprx). 

But I'll uninstall, install it again and let you know!

ennioaoki
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Turns out it's related to Windows services user.

In the Qlik's help it's mentioned "We recommend that you use a dedicated Windows user account to run the Qlik Sense services" but, actually, I had to use a dedicated Windows user account.

As QlikClient certificate is personal, user carries them out to AD and conflicts when the same account runs the services on different servers.

Once I use a different service account, the issue is gone.