Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingmhd
Contributor
Contributor

qlick sense

Hello
I need to set some user access limitations but i don't know how

How can I organize users to see some apps?

I also tried these ways but it didn't work for me:

step1- new custom property( name“AppLevelMgmt “) =>resource types (apps&users)=>values(group1&group2)
step2-assigned group1to app1,2,3 and group2 to app4,5,6
step3-assigned group1 to users(1-5) and group2 to users(6-10)
step3- create 2 security rules
first with these option:
resource filter: App*
condition:((user.group=resource.@AppLevelMgmt))
second:
resource filter: App*
condition:
(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@AppLevelMgmt.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and resource.published ="true") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

step4- disable security “stream”

Thank you for your time

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

@kingmhd there are a number of options for creating custom access rules and how to organize access.

One option may be to group apps into streams and then give access to the streams as a way of segmenting access (rather than have to identify each app individually)

For a number of reasons, including there are so many ways to achieve the same effect, we don't have many "This is the way you do this" guidelines for custom rules.

What I can say is you can run the security audit to see which rules affect a user/app combination and if so much as 1 rule gives them access they have access.

Also, I will provide a link to this article, Collection of Specific Rule Scenarios and Customization of Qlik Sense Security rules, which includes a collection of example security rules to use as reference.

I can also suggest from that article Security Rule Example: Basic rule setup for Apps and Stream and Security Rule Example: Providing deployment admin role for a user for a specific stream only 

Regards,
Nick

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!