Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppeterson1
Contributor
Contributor

How to Limit Load of Standard Areas and Point to smaller than Country Code

Hello, I am trying to pull in Geo Analytics Postal code information to build the actually Geo point information for map building purposes. To do this I first create an itterable list of country codes from our source table, being our ship to resource. I use this list to get a count of the number of loops and loop over the data using country code as a variable, mock up code will be posted below, this data is then added to a cleaned qvd that is wiped at the start of the script, and the loop cycles through each country code. So I am making several seperate calls to the server, the problem arises when a call exceeds 20k records, which I knew would happen, referencing the source docs: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Subsystems/GeoConnector/Content/connector/connector-geoanal... , at the Standard areas and Points Section of Dataset, it seems that there is not a smaller increment that I can limit the call to, such as "Country Code", "State", "City". I can add these variables but they are not used by the pregenerated GeoAnalytics script, would anyone be able to tell me how I would go about changing from the default of country code, to be able to limit the data to a lower level, such as mentioned above?

The Geo Script is:

/* Generated by GeoAnalytics for operation Load ---------------------- */
$(TableName):
SQL SELECT [LocationDbId], [ZipCodes_Geometry], [ZipCodes_Name] as ShippingZip, [CountryIso2], [ZipCodes_Adm1Code], [ZipCodes_Adm2Code], [LocationDbType] FROM Load(dataset='ZipCodes')
DATASOURCE ZipCodes LOCATIONSERVICE geometry='POINT', type='XPC', country='US' , serviceName='default'
;  //I would assume that I could add city/state in here, but does not seem to be the case
tag field [LocationDbId] with '$primarykey';
tag field [ZipCodes_Geometry] with '$geopoint';
tag field [LocationDbId] with '$geoname';
tag field [ZipCodes_Geometry] with '$relates_LocationDbId';
tag field [LocationDbId] with '$relates_ZipCodes_Geometry';
/* End GeoAnalytics operation Load ----------------------------------- */

Thanks,

Paul

/*Load the dataset that contains the Country Codes*/
Ship_TMP:
Load *
FROM [lib://Shiptotable]
(qvd);

LIB CONNECT TO 'GeoAnalytics Cloud Connector';

Let TableName = 'Zip_Codes_Transform';
$(TableName):
SQL SELECT [LocationDbId], [ZipCodes_Geometry], [ZipCodes_Name] as ShippingZip, [CountryIso2], [ZipCodes_Adm1Code], [ZipCodes_Adm2Code], [LocationDbType] FROM Load(dataset='ZipCodes')
DATASOURCE ZipCodes LOCATIONSERVICE geometry='POINT', type='XPC', country='US' , serviceName='default'
;

Store * From $(TableName) into [lib://Transform QVDs/$(TableName).qvd];

Drop Table $(TableName);

LIB CONNECT TO 'GeoAnalytics Cloud Connector';

/*Isolate the country codes*/
NoConcatenate
Country_CodeTMP:
Load Distinct
if(isNull(COUNTRY_CODE) or Trim(Text(COUNTRY_CODE)) = '' or COUNTRY_CODE = ' ' or COUNTRY_CODE = ',', 'Does Not Exist', Text(COUNTRY_CODE)) as COUNTRY_CODE

Resident Ship_TMP ;
Drop Table Ship_TMP;

NoConcatenate
CountryCodes:
Load Distinct
COUNTRY_CODE
Resident Country_CodeTMP where COUNTRY_CODE <> 'Does Not Exist';
Drop Table Country_CodeTMP;

Let NumCountryCodes = FieldValueCount('COUNTRY_CODE');

For i=1 to $(NumCountryCodes)

Let CountryCode = text(Peek('COUNTRY_CODE',$(i)-1));
Set chunkSize = 10000;
Set offset = 0;

$(TableName):
Load * From [lib://Transform QVDs/$(TableName).qvd](qvd) where CountryIso2 <> '$(CountryCode)';

do while FieldValueCount('LocationDbId') > offset

DATASOURCE ZipCodes LOCATIONSERVICE geometry='POINT', type='XPC', country='$(CountryCode)' , serviceName='default'
order by LocationDbId
limit $(chunkSize) offset $(offset)  /*this was a test to use the standard SQL offset and breaking the data into chunks which does not work, I would remove the Do..While loop and would not have chunksize or offset if I there is a way to limit by city / state, as it should not be needed. */
;
Let offset = offset + chunkSize;

Loop

Store * From $(TableName) into [lib://Transform QVDs/$(TableName).qvd];
Drop Table $(TableName);

Next i;

Exit Script;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry, there's no other filter besides country code.

Another option is to do NamePointLookup for all entries and check which doesn't resolve:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/How-to-improve-the-lookup-accuracy/ta-p/15...

To check valid names https://www.geonames.org/ is useful.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry, there's no other filter besides country code.

Another option is to do NamePointLookup for all entries and check which doesn't resolve:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/How-to-improve-the-lookup-accuracy/ta-p/15...

To check valid names https://www.geonames.org/ is useful.

Thanks,

Patric