Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Knowledge

Search or browse our knowledge base to find answers to your questions ranging from account questions to troubleshooting error messages. The content is curated and updated by our global Support team

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources. Prep for the big move: READ DETAILS

How logging works in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows

Bastien_Laugiero

How logging works in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows

Environment:

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 

In Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows log files are by default stored in %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Logs
In this directory, you will basically see one subdirectory per component.

For each component you have three subdirectories:

• Audit: High-level user actions (i.e. Open Document, document reload, get ticket, login success, user directory sync)
  • System: Service log, all errors and system/service operations (i.e.System Settings, server physical ram, NIC config)
  • Trace: Debug diagnostic (i.e. User selections, https redirects, method work times, session information)

These logs get archived in \\<server>\<share>\ArchivedLogs following those 3 triggers: 

• On a service restart
  • If the file is reaching 8MB
  • If the file is older than 12 hours

! An exception to the archiving is done for Qlik Sense reload/script logs. See How to find the Script (Reload) logs in Qlik Sense Enterprise for details.

The Archived Logs folder can grow quickly depending of the traffic you have in your environment and the level of detail the logs are set to.

It's recommended to clean this directory on a regular basis.

Qlik recommends keeping at least one month of logs in order to trace a root cause of an issue. 

For more information on logs and using them to troubleshoot, please refer to the Qlik Online Help.

Labels (1)
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎2021-02-11 06:16 AM
Updated by:

Contributors