Qlik Community

Knowledge

Search or browse our knowledge base to find answers to your questions ranging from account questions to troubleshooting error messages. The content is curated and updated by our global Support team

Announcements
Support Case Portal has moved to Qlik Community! Read the FAQs to start exploring Support resources.

How to send emails from your Gmail account with SMTP with Qlik Application Automation

Emile_Koslowski
Support
Support

How to send emails from your Gmail account with SMTP with Qlik Application Automation

Sending an email over SMTP is only possible with the "Send Mail" block from the Mail connector. Do not confuse this with the native "Send Email" block in Blendr.io standalone environment.

With the new "Send Mail" block, it is now possible to send emails from your personal email account using SMTP.

For Gmail, execute the following steps to enable SMTP:

1. Enable IMAP: go to Settings -> all settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> enable IMAP
  2. Enter the following settings when creating the connection:
    1. host: smtp.gmail.com
    2. security: STARTTLS
    3. port: 587
    4. sender email address: your full email address
    5. password: your Gmail password

If your account doesn't use MFA, your personal Gmail password can be used.
Else, you need to generate an app password.
More information on that can be found here: Sign in with app passwords.

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
Comments
rafael-attux
Luminary
Luminary

Hello @Emile_Koslowski .

This block only works with GMAIL, or it's just an example? I'm trying to configure an AWS SMTP with this block, but without success.

Emile_Koslowski
Support
Support

Hi @rafael-attux , 

This block should work with any SMTP server.
I haven't tried to connect to AWS SMTP myself, feel free to send me an email with the error and any additional information.

Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
yesterday
Updated by: