Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Rim node not communicating with central node - The certificate has not been installed

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zareh_T
Support
Support

Rim node not communicating with central node - The certificate has not been installed

Last Update:

Jul 14, 2021 7:15:36 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jul 12, 2017 8:39:34 PM

A multi-node environment may show a rim node as offline as the rim node cannot be communicated with from the central node. If The certificate has not been installed is shown as a status message on a rim node in the Qlik Sense Management Console, then the certificates have not been correctly installed. 

User-added image

Environment:

• Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions

Resolution:

See How to recreate or just delete certificates in Qlik Sense for detailed instructions on how to recreate certificates. 

An illustrated overview can be seen below:

1. On RIM Node: Log in as the service account.

Open MMC / Add / Remove snap-in and please check the three certificates in :

MMC / Certificates - Current User / Personal / certificates / Node certificate ( with reference to the node host name ) 

MMC / Certificates - Local Computer / Personal / certificates / Node certificate ( with reference to the node host name )

MMC / Certificates - Local Computer / Trusted Root / certificates / Node certificate ( with reference to the node host name )

2. Backup the certificates by by exporting

3. Stop the Qlik Sense Services

4. Delete the above certificates

5. Start the Qlik Sense services

6. Re-distribute certificates from the Central Node

( See screenshots below for reference )

If the above does not help you can also uninstall completely Qlik Sense on the rim node, reinstall it and re-distribute the certificate

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image

Labels (2)
Comments
ritesh_pathak
Contributor II
Contributor II

Brilliant. Thank you very much Zareh for the step by step guide. We were facing exactly the same issue and by following your instruction, were able to resolve it. Thanks for being so thorough.

Kalkumar
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello - I am encountering same issue but for my Central node.

Due fail over my Rim became central and against central node I see The certificate has not been installed. 

Can i still perform above steps , as in my case this is happening in central and not Rim?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Kalkumar 

These steps are not recommended in your situation.  They could lead to you losing access to the system.

We recommend failing the system back to the correct node (see Manually Failover the Central Node) and then see if the issue persists. You can take those steps then if it does. 

All the best,
Sonja 

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-07-14 07:15 AM
Updated by: