Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataHound
Contributor II
Contributor II

Code Example Snippet Repository

Hi all,

Often times I find my looking at how others formulated expressions, variables, etc. to help me solve my own problems. The thing I have always wondered: is there a known repository or code snippets, or examples for expressions, variables, and so on? I’ve come across sites similar for other languages such as SQL and VBA, but nothing for QLIK. As a visual learner who likes to learn by experimenting, I know this can help me and others.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
2 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

It kind of depends on what you are looking for, but for expressions we use often a simple XLSX. This makes it easier for us and the customer to maintain the expressions. If you want to save more code, for instance a standard calendar, we use TXT or CSV files if the storage is done online and otherwise you can try Github.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
DataHound
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Jordy,

I am thinking of a google form that team members can submit to a shared sheet from as we develop more. This way we can easily update and categorize.  I think the hardest part is the initial collection of our formulas / expressions spread across many dashboards. 

I will check out GitHub. Thanks!