Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmahmood
Contributor
Contributor

Data table creation to imply business rule

Hello Everyone, 

Its been over a week that I am trying to implement a logic to display a table to implement business rule. We buy set of  license types for an application. And some of licenses could cover lower level of license types. I need show the number of license that we need to buy but applying the existing number of licenses that could be covered based on hierarchy. I have two set of tables one that belong to Hierarchy rule and second total number of licenses each type above or below the licenses purchased . Can any one help please. I tried creating Variables and storing tables, Also in the Editor created set or rules with surplus and licenses needed but not sure how to implement the hierarchy logic.

Here is Table Containing Surplus / under license numbers and Hierarchy

Hierarchy Table Logic - Need to start from the top to substitute, for example if you have AX short then if there are any surplus of BL, it can be replaced. And then what ever left could be used for lower level. If you are short on AY type, you could use either from AX or BL, preference to attempt lower level first in this case AX then reach for BL. and this is how keep checking row by row going down the table. Its really a complicated issue. So I would appreciate if any one could help or have some better idea how to attempt the solution. Thank you guys.

License TypeConsolidation Rule Substitutions
BA 
BL 
AXBL
AYAX, BL
FYAX, BL
FNAX, AY, BL
FHAX, AY, BL
FXAX, AY, BL
FDAX, AY, BL   
71AX, AY, BL, FX
AZBA, AX, AY, BL, FN, FX, FD, FH