Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aashisku
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filtering table records dynamically

Hello everyone,

Please can some one help me regarding a visualization of table chart. I have a table  chart and a variable input slider (custom object provided in qlik sense desktop).

Problem is that when i move the slider, the records are not filtered out automatically. I think the slider' selection is not updating the table contents.

Please note that i want to put  numeric condition on the field, (say A) . For example, A > value of slider.

Thank you.

Aashish Kumar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aashisku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much Gavinlaird!! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gavinlaird
Contributor III
Contributor III

You must put the filter logic in the expressions of the table in order for the table to be filtered when you input a variable (variables aren't connected to the data structure, so inputting a variable does not affect which records are included in your selection).

Replace your expression for field, "A" in the table with the following, which will return NULL when A < the value of the variable set by your slider.

if(A > vValueOfSlider, A)

You will also want to make the other fields in that table check if A > vValueOfSlider as well. For example, the column for field, "B" should be changed to:

if(A > vValueOfSlider, B)

aashisku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much Gavinlaird!!