Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harks
Contributor
Contributor

Handing across selections to different Apps

Hi All,

I'm working with big data, I have a number of app's that have keys assigned to the records. The key is unique across 5 different apps.

I wish to be able to open an app and make my data selections, then once have what I need to tell my story within that app I want to be able to take the unique keys in my selection list, and pass them to another app - there could be anything up to 30 million keys +, unlikely due to data selections, however I wish to know if there is a way to pass these selected keys across.

The data is housed in separate apps for a number of reasons and cannot be all held in one - aside form the fact the record count would exponentially increase, it doesn't fit the individual development schedules.

The unique key is the only field that spans across - I couldn't include every filter in every table as it would expand the data set beyond the capability - and I found that passing filter across becomes a little less robust when the filter count goes over 5 when using the URL method.

I have successfully passed filters - but this isn't viable in my data as when the data set opens up at a granular level to many filters need to be present in every table

I'm using an Enterprise version of Sense.

So the ask: Can I pass a single dimension with large amount of keys selected across apps?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Replies