cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdrianoEllero
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to filter a Dimension field in a Filter Pane

In a table I set a Filter Pane and a Table with columns.
Rather than select manually the items from the Filter Pane, I would like to filter the items through an expression similar to this:
=only({<[Material Number (Product)]={
'xyz'
}>}
[Material Number (Product)]). 

Probably the expression is not adeguate to the Filter Pane.
Is there any way to filter it by a predefined list? 

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
F_B
Creator II
Creator II

What I can suggest you is to use a pivot table with "dimension year" as rows and your "simply formulas" as columns. Then, put a filter pane beside the table, with "Material Number (Product)" as dimension, this way you can make your selections. You can insert both objects in a layout container for a nicer visualization.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
F_B
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @AdrianoEllero ,

your expression looks ok and should work correctly in a Table.

Filter Panes instead only accept dimensions, so if you insert your [Material Number (Product)] in the listbox, you'll be able to choose the values of that field.

Hope this is helpful

AdrianoEllero
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @F_B 

thanks for the clarification. 

My aim is to fix the filter without insert manually the product in the listbox.

If I filter in this way the measures, I have to repeat the filter for each field which makes it very long and meticulous work with higher risk of manual mistakes.

F_B
Creator II
Creator II

At this point I'm not sure I understood your request, could you please explain it with more details?

AdrianoEllero
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I try to explain my idea with conceptual tables:

In the first table, as I do now and it works, I have to repeat the expression for all measures and in each part of the formulas.

AdrianoEllero_1-1710868717662.png

in the second table, the hope is to the dimension [Material Number (Product)] just once in the filter pane, in order to simply the formulas for the measures.

F_B
Creator II
Creator II

What I can suggest you is to use a pivot table with "dimension year" as rows and your "simply formulas" as columns. Then, put a filter pane beside the table, with "Material Number (Product)" as dimension, this way you can make your selections. You can insert both objects in a layout container for a nicer visualization.