Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to give limited access to Qlik sense users?

I need to give limited access to users to a Qlik sense dashboard. For example giving access to user A to all data which is related to city of "Melbourne", access to user B for all data related to city of “Brisbane”, etc. how can I do it in Qlik sense?

Labels (5)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can achieve what you need by using Section Access. 

The following page can be a good start read if you are not familiar with the concept.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @simin_au ,

as @Vegar wrote, you do it via the Section Access.
Check the page that he linked to have a general understanding of Section Access, and this part in particular to manage user access to specific data: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m... 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can achieve what you need by using Section Access. 

The following page can be a good start read if you are not familiar with the concept.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Vegar for responding to my message.

Thus, it seems we don't need to use the Qlik Management Console for this purpose. right?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

No, section access is defined in the script and stored inside the qlik application.

You don't need any privileges in QMC in order to set this up. You do however need the right to edit the load script.

simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Vegar.

I need to make sure that all users have visibility into comprehensive data sets, graphs, and key performance indicators (KPIs) upon opening the app. However, I aim to implement a filtering system that ensures user privacy.

For instance, considering each city comprises multiple zones, User A should be able to filter data for the ‘City of Melbourne’ and its associated zones.

The objective is to empower users to explore and analyse data at a granular level, tailored to their specific needs, without compromising the confidentiality of others’ data when applying filters such as City or Zone.

Thus, they can see the aggregated data for all cities, but they can see the details for their own city.

simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If this is not doable in Qlik Sense, the other way could be having a table for detailed level data, then giving access to that table based on the user's City. It means they can see each other's rate on the dashboard if they filter the data by City or Zone, but they cannot see the details about those KPIs (that have been provided only in that table).

*The main purpose here is protecting people's details, etc.

Any thought about this and how I can do that on Qlik Sense is much appreciated!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In both cases, Qlik sense is still capable at granular data with section access. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Could you please explain a bit more about it? how can I do it?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @simin_au ,

as @Vegar wrote, you do it via the Section Access.
Check the page that he linked to have a general understanding of Section Access, and this part in particular to manage user access to specific data: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m... 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.