Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTS95
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is there a way I can join/concatenate four tables together?

I have some tables that originate from two separate databases:

MTS95_1-1677609988568.png

The four on the right (Collectors, Surveys, Responses, and QuestionsAndAnswers) originate from the same database and are united by some key fields.

I am trying to make my data model a little clearer to read, so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to join these four tables together without duplicating data. Is that a possibility? And how would I do so?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @MTS95 

I would recommend working with the Qlik Sense data manager. 

To try it out, just create a new app and add your data sources to this new app. 

The data manager enables the recommendation of 

highly related tables (green when single table pressed) and 

fairly related tables (Orange with single table pressed)

Red (when single table pressed) means there is no relationship.

You can preview the relationships and if they appear valid, you can 'apply all'.

So you may be able to use the data manager up front to create your data model in order to build the most effective relationships.

(Note you cannot use the data manager on existing data models created with the data load editor).

If you prefer, you can consider using table concatenation if you are looking to combine tables. For this you can check out this link references below as well

References:

Data manager

Introduction to the Data Manager (qlik.com)

Concatenating tables in Data manager

Using the data load editor

Concatenating tables

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Renatusfreitas
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Olá @MTS95  para obter essa resposta vc precisará verificar as chaves 'ID', o ideal seria separar a tabela fato das dimensões, faça um estudo das suas tabelas para ver quais seriam candidatas a dimensão e qual seria a sua fato.

Após saber quais tabelas vc deve juntar. As chaves devem ser únicas: Certifique-se de que as chaves que você está usando para juntar as tabelas sejam únicas em ambas as tabelas. Caso contrário, a junção pode produzir resultados indesejados ou imprecisos.

Nas tabelas verifique se a Proporção de subconjunto está 100%

Renatusfreitas_0-1677616863118.png

Neste exemplo fiz uma concatenação de duas tabelas com campos similares usando o Concatenate, caso tivesse apenas as chaves poderia usar um Left join, vai depender dos seus dados.

Renatusfreitas_1-1677617675950.png

envie uma amostra para que possa tentar te ajudar.

Se está solução ajudou, aceite-a como uma solução.

https://br.linkedin.com/in/renatusfreitas

https://cubotimize.com/
Frank_S
Support
Support

Just one more thing @MTS95 

You may not want to concatenate some tables together.

For example, let say you have 'description' field in two different tables.

'description' field would not be a good linking field since it is used to described something about the field.

ie: 

shippers 

description

name

ShippersID

customers

description

name

address

CustomerID

Linking the above on 'description' would not be a good idea because it describe shippers and customers free field information

So the bottom line is if you do concatenate, ensure that the tables are OK to concatenate (that is if it makes sense to do so).

For example, Here are two different tables that are valid for concatenation given that they are capturing the same data but the table names are different.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!