Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sa_Rah
Contributor III
Contributor III

Measure showing total count

Hi

I'm trying to create a measure for the Total Purchases field in the below, and I'm not having much success.

I've tried a number of different formulae including the following, but I'm not getting what I need and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong

Count( total <FinYearDate, FinYearQuarterDate, MonthDate> distinct{<Flag = {'PurchaseDate'}, Retailer ={"*"} >} REF)

Sa_Rah_0-1708347979156.png

Thanks

Sarah

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Sa_Rah Similar way you can add how many you want full total.

Sum(Total <YourDimension, YourDimension1, YourDimension2, ...> Purchases)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Sa_Rah Can't this be simply like

Count (Total <YourDimension> Purchases) //Your dimension is that values are Eggs, Cheese ..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Sa_Rah
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Anil. This counts over each of my products, but doesn't take into account the time period. It provides the yellow field below:

Sa_Rah_1-1708364744954.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Sa_Rah Similar way you can add how many you want full total.

Sum(Total <YourDimension, YourDimension1, YourDimension2, ...> Purchases)

Sa_Rah
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil

This doesn't seem to make a difference, I still end up with the same as above:

Sum(Total <Purchases, FinYear, FinYearQuarter, Month> Purchases)

Sa_Rah_0-1708423967273.png

If I remove the 'Purchases' dimension then I end up with the following:

Sum(Total <FinYear, FinYearQuarter, Month> Purchases)

Sa_Rah_2-1708424383889.png

Sa_Rah
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've identified my issue! 

The date dimensions I'm using are filtered using if clauses, i.e. the visualisation is only showing dates after a certain time point.

I don't understand why, but this is affecting how the totals appear.

Removing these date restrictions from my date fields means the above method Sum(Total <YourDimension, YourDimension1, YourDimension2, ...> Purchases) works just fine.

Thanks Anil for your help