cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

Must Include QVS Qlik Sense Cloud Business

Is there any way I can use a MustInclude statement in the Qlik Sense Cloud Business environment to call a QVS file? I found a workaround to store the QVS in Google Drive, but then I have to connect to Drive first, call the QVS and then reconnect to the data connector.

Any help?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I solved this issue by storing the QVSs in the cloud (e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox). The QVSs contain many subroutines. I connect to the Cloud connector once the script starts and MustInclude all the QVSs that hold the subroutines. Then I connect to another connector and call a subroutine once needed. This way you only need to connect to a cloud connector once.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't have an answer but it would be very useful if we could pull them from github or similar.

TimvB
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I solved this issue by storing the QVSs in the cloud (e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox). The QVSs contain many subroutines. I connect to the Cloud connector once the script starts and MustInclude all the QVSs that hold the subroutines. Then I connect to another connector and call a subroutine once needed. This way you only need to connect to a cloud connector once.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The GitHub connector allows you to pull lots of metrics about your repositories but doesn't allow you to pull file contents. I haven't looked at the GitHub API but given the nature of git integration with products such as Visual Studio code I'm confident it's capable, it's just not something the connector appears to do.