Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riclight89
Contributor II
Contributor II

Number showing as Text (but showing as Number if Loaded from a different Server)

Hi,

In our environment we have a QlikView and Qlik Sense server. Our Qlik Sense applications, from a certain date have started loading numbers as text throughout the environment (resulting in a fair bit of chaos). When replicating the same queries (identical queries, DB, script etc) on the QlikView server numbers are loaded correctly.

What I have checked:
- I've made sure that the SET variables are the same on both server applications with the correct ThousandSep and DecimalSep.
- I've made sure that the number formats in the Control Panel settings are the same on both servers.

I would like to try and get to the root of the problem instead of manually adding num#() functions to every value field in the environment.

Any suggestions on what I should look out for here?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riclight89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Found the issue here, seems, after upgrading to QS Client Managed Nov23 the built in MySQL Connector enforces floating values and you have to convert number in the SQL Select statement. Work around is using an ODBC connector instead.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
riclight89
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Found the issue here, seems, after upgrading to QS Client Managed Nov23 the built in MySQL Connector enforces floating values and you have to convert number in the SQL Select statement. Work around is using an ODBC connector instead.