cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense - Change properties of identical objects in one go

Is there any way in Qlik sense by which We can change the properties of all the identical objects in one go. Like we can do in PowerBI with option called Format Painter. If anyone can suggest a workaround directly or indirectly using APIs, custom extensions or some public projects, that would be great as-

1. It will save a lot of time.

2. Will reduce manual efforts.

Manish Kumar, Senior Business Analyst
Labels (2)
4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The way to do it in Qlik Sense is to use Master Items for all identical objects - then you can update all of them by modifying the Master Item.

If identical objects are cloned separately and aren't linked to a master item, then the only way to do something with them together, is through an API and scripting outside of Qlik Sense.

Formatting can be done on all similar objects (for example all KPIs) using Themes - check those out.

Cheers,

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator
Author

By identical I mean type of Visualizations (Say I want to change properties of all the charts in my app), so using Master Item or changing Theme will not do in my case.

@Oleg_Troyansky  Can you guide the way of doing this through an API and scripting outside of Qlik Sense?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Manish - I can't unfortunately! This is a task for web developers, and my specialty is within the Qlik Sense app.

You should post this question in one the integration/extensions boards, and let the experts help you there.

Cheers,

Manish_Kumar_
Creator
Creator
Author

No Worries! Thanks for your support and guidance here.
I redirected this Question on integration/extensions board, here is the link if anybody want to follow up. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Integration-Extension-APIs/Qlik-Sense-Change-properties-of-identical-o...