Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchacko_rxsense
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Repository Database service does not show up in the windows service console

I want to make backup of the PostgreSQL database in Qlik Sense.

As per the steps I need to stop all the services except the Qlik Sense Repository Database service. 
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-To-Take-Backup-And-Restore-Qlik-Sense-En...

But I am not able to see this service in any of my nodes.

I tried looking for the Repository.exe in all my nodes and the executable is in running state in all my 3 nodes.

Please advise on what I can do to make the backup? Also do I have create backup from all the 3 nodes?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vikram_Jayakumar

@jchacko_rxsense It does not work that way. In a multi node setup you will be having one node where the database is installed, and rest of the nodes (RIM) connect to it. Do you have an account to create a support ticket or chat with a support engineer to clarify on this?

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vikram_Jayakumar

Hi @jchacko_rxsense Do you have the QSR bundled with Qlik Sense (A PostgreSQL database installed by Qlik Sense has the following database path: %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\<version>\.) or on a dedicated server 

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
jchacko_rxsense
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Vikram_Jayakumar Yes this path  ProgramFiles\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\<version>\

is available in all my 3 nodes.

Vikram_Jayakumar

Is it a bundled install like you got the Postgres with Qlik Sense, or you have installed it independently on a different server other than where Qlik Sense central node is located.

jchacko_rxsense
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We installed Qlik Sense in all our nodes.

Vikram_Jayakumar

@jchacko_rxsense It does not work that way. In a multi node setup you will be having one node where the database is installed, and rest of the nodes (RIM) connect to it. Do you have an account to create a support ticket or chat with a support engineer to clarify on this?

jchacko_rxsense
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found it. The issue is resolved.