{
<
[Im Date]={">=$(=QuarterStart(max([Im Date]))) <=$(=date(max( [Im Date])))"},
FyQtr=,
Quarter=,
Year=,
[Type]={"Northern"},
[Category]={'INELIGIBLE'},
[En Number]=E({<[HM Flag]={'Y'},FyQtr=,Quarter=,Year=>}[En Number])

>
}

[En Number])

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
8 Replies
mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, 

The base expression is Count(distinct [En number]). Then this expression is altered by a Set Analysis. 
Set analysis is contained between {<>}. 

Let start with the simplest ones:
Year=, means that the calculation will use all the year available in the app, and not the selected one. 
[Type]={"Northern"}, means that the calculation will be on the "Northern" Type only
[Im Date]={">=$(=QuarterStart(max([Im Date]))) <=$(=date(max( [Im Date])))"}, this one is quite complex. 
The Im Date is between the start of the quarter of the Max of Im Date, and the Max of Im Date, depending of the selections. 
[En Number]=E({<[HM Flag]={'Y'},FyQtr=,Quarter=,Year=>}[En Number]) is the more complex one because it's use the E() function. 
E() will exclude value. In this case E will exclude En Number values that match the Set Analysis {<[HM Flag]={'Y'},FyQtr=,Quarter=,Year=>}

Is this more clear for you ? 

Regards

Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for replying

so in my last filtering set expression E() is used, so HM Flag with Y will not be taken and other than that will be taken
same for FyQtr and Year with blank values are not taken??

What if p() is there 
then only HM Flag with Y, FyQtr and Year with blanks will be considered??

Brian_C
Contributor III
Contributor III

Great explanation by Maximepiquetcointe. I would add that it may be helpful to put the expression into a text box a piece at a time and then you can see the effects of the different parts. Start with the basic Count(distinct [En number]) and then add in different parts of the set analysis one at a time and this may help you to understand what is happening.

Kindest regards

Brian

Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes it would be helpful, please

Thanks!

Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thnaks for replying

So if E() is used then the HM Parts flag with Y will be excluded? and result will be there other than 'Y'
and FyQtr and Year with blanks will be excluded and filtered for other than blanks?

what if in case of p(), 'Y' will be taken for HM Parts flag and blank for year and FyQtr will be taken?

please reply back

Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi 

Thanks for replying 

In my script FyQtr=,

Year=,

Is there 

Does this means blank or any other condition in qlik?

mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, 

You're right, E() excludes the value, and P() the possible ones. 

yQtr=,Year=, means Qlik will take all the values for yQtr and Year, not only the selected ones. 

Is this more clear now ? 

Regards 

Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey

That was great explanation 

So according to my logic

First they are taking FyQtr=

And also including FyQtr= in E() so no need to take this into consideration right I mean this filter??

And can you give any example for p() if possible....that would be so helpful for me

Thanks again!!!