Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik to Power BI help

Hello all,

I am working on one Qlik to Power Bi migration dashboard, I have one logic to convert it to pbi it's like below
if(left(C_CHD,4)='$(vPre5)',$(vDataReq),
ApplyMap('DutyRate',AutoNumberHash256(trim(C_CHD)),$(vDefaultDataReq))) as ABD_Req

ApplyMap('DutyRate',AutoNumberHash256(trim(C_CHD)) this logic gives output ABD_Req in main table 

Can anyone help me in getting the above logic in Power BI

Please help
Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
2 Replies
BawejaMedia
Contributor III
Contributor III

To replicate the logic you provided in Qlik to Power BI, you can achieve similar functionality using DAX expressions. Here's how you can do it:

ABD_Req =
IF (
LEFT ( 'YourTableName'[C_CHD], 4 ) = 'YourVariableName'[vPre5],
'YourVariableName'[vDataReq],
LOOKUPVALUE ( 'YourMappingTableName'[DutyRate], 'YourMappingTableName'[AutoNumberHash256], TRIM ( 'YourTableName'[C_CHD] ), 'YourMappingTableName'[DefaultDataReq], 'YourVariableName'[vDefaultDataReq] )
)

In this expression:

• 'YourTableName' should be replaced with the name of your main table in Power BI.
  • 'YourVariableName' should be replaced with the name of the table containing your variables (vPre5, vDataReq, vDefaultDataReq).
  • 'YourMappingTableName' should be replaced with the name of the table containing your mapping data (DutyRate, AutoNumberHash256).

Ensure that the column names and table names match your dataset in Power BI. This DAX expression should provide you with similar functionality to the logic you had in Qlik. Adjust the names accordingly to fit your specific dataset and requirements.

Bharathi09
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, Thanks a lot for replying
I need to do it in Power query not dax
and I can neglect autonumberhash256 in pbi I guess

Please reply back