cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III

Reload Button - Access Denied

I added a Reload Button Extension in a published report, for user to reload by himself. I'm a RootAdmin and can Read, Update, Delete, Publish, Change Owner, the Button works totally fine for me. But even if I gave user the same access as I do, he still got "Access Denied" when using the Reload Button. I'm wondering why this happens?

The condition is:

((user.roles="RootAdmin" or user.name="salesuser"))

Any advice helps! Thanks!

4 Replies
luitsh87
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hey

I solved the Problem with the following security rule:

image.png

I used the extension: https://developer.qlik.com/garden/5c52da7cadb83900174f7484

Kind regards
Marc

jchacko_rxsense
Contributor III
Contributor III

In my scenario the app does reload. But it gives the Access Denied message afterwards. I have a KPI for Latest Refresh which updates initially and then it reverts back with the message Access Denied. @luitsh87 

chris86031
Contributor
Contributor

Did you end up finding a fix for this issue?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What the log says? If you want to allow RootAdmin for users, why again you want to create another condition. Can't exist role be used for user? 

Because, the default one with RootAdmin will take higher privileges that the one you created so it might over write. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful