Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative Percentage sum of a row obtained by a pivot table in Qlik Sense

Dear all,

I have a big issue and I think that what I have to do goes far beyond my competences.

I have loaded 2 tables in the script, there are other colums but I need only some of them to compute the calculation:

[Purchased]

ItemSupplierQuantityTurnoverYear

[Database]

idOrderItemSupplierMachine
Production year
Claim Year

What I need to do is to compute a cumulative sum of the percentage of defects of a single item ( count(idorder)/quantity), for a supplier;

more specifically:

in 2011 I produced and sold a machine;

In 2011 I received 4 claims (4 id.orders) of representing 2 different items [A and B] (for simplicity 2 claims per item); In 2012 i received 2 claims, regarding  in this case of the 2 different items considered before;

in 2012 i produced and sold another machine;

in 2012 i received 1 claim, in 2013 a recieved 2 claims.

I have in the table (purchased) the yearly quantity purchased of that specific item, for simplicity Production Year is the same of Purchased Year.

my index should be somthing like this:

Claim 2011claim 2012claim 2013Purchased
20114/100 = 4%2/100=2%0%100 (total sum of items)
1/100=1%
2/100=2%
100 (total sum of items)

in a graph they would be represented like this:

y : cumulative sum

x : year of claim

sample.png

This is what I have to do. In excel is simple but too much time consuming. I don't get something in order to do this in qlik sense.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I got it ... expression:

aggr(rangesum(above(Count([ID ordine]),0,RowNo()))/sum(total <[$Production Year]> Qty),([$Production Year],(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)),([Claim Year],(NUMERIC, ASCENDING)))

--> it's a combination of Using inter-record functions: swap x-axis and legend in charts and Running totals per dimension (RangeSum(), sortable Aggr()...)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
OmarBenSalem

If your expression is sum(kpi); to do the cumul :

rangesum(above(sum(kpi),0,rowno())

Hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Omar,

the problem is that the kpi is calculated merging two tables.. but the merge doesn't work properly

my expression is Count(idOrder)/Qty  (per item and per Year).. so it's something i don't know how to save and where to store it, in a column? I don't know... Actually is something like a matrix division with a column vector, where the matrix is [Production Year]x[Claim Year] * Purchased (where year of purchasing = Production Year)....I'm stucked totally in this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

or perhaps:

rangesum(before(sum(kpi),0,columnno())

in pivot table with horizontal dimensions...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it doesn't work in the expression, because my KPI is

Count(idOrder)/Qty

in the script I don't know how to write it as are two different tables... actually, what I want to compute is the ratio between of the number of defected item (in year X) on the Quantity of that item in that year, per each year... In 1 table I have the yearly quantity purchased for a specific item, in the other table I have to sum the number of claims.. How can I do it? I think that setting things like this is creating me some complexities. Do you know how to o it ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think we cannot help you as long as you don't prepare a sample...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Robin, I don't know exactely if this sample is sufficient for you, in case let me know, i just prepare it like this

My kpi:     Count(idOrder)/Qty

in the script I don't know how to write it as are two different tables... actually, what I want to compute is the ratio between of the number of defected item (in year X) on the Quantity of that item in that year, per each year... In 1 table I have the yearly quantity purchased for a specific item, in the other table I have to sum the number of claims.. How can I do it? I think that setting things like this is creating me some complexities. Do you know how to o it ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if Production Year is the same as Purchasing Year, then you need a syntethic key or a link table containing

- ITEM

and

- Production/Purchasing Year

for getting the quantity per item per year...

Alternatively you could use P() function, but I think the link table solution is easier to understand for beginners...

So please upload your 2 Input files so that I can rebuild the data model...

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Robin,

these are the sample files in excel I used.

I understand the chance of linking the table creating a synthetic key, but what if I want, once the model is built, to filter by Item? I won't be able to aggregate all the defects together, but I will have item-year, right?

Thank you for your help,

regards

Damiano

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok this is a very fast try of mine, please have a look if the data is ok, then we could talk about the line chart...