Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivek_batra
Partner - Contributor III

Unable to access QMC and HUB after Virtual Proxy Changes

Hi

I am running Qlik Sense May 2022 on Windows 2012 Server. Everything was working fine, but during some testing I made a change in the Virtual proxy setting, and after that no one is  able to access to QMC and Hub. Your urgent help will be much appreciated. I have not ever taken any backup of the database so not sure how to go back to previous version or restore the settings.

When I open the QMC, I get "unexpected error" or "Failed to initialize Qlik Management Console".

When I open the hub, it shows the apps but always goes in to a loop and shows "connection lost error".

Here is what I changed

1. Logged on to QMC

2. Go to Virtual Proxies

3. Edit the default proxy.

4. Choose Advanced option from right hand side.

5. I unchecked the "Has Secure Attribute (https) option.

6. Save.

7. This broke everything.

Please see the attached screen shot.

Virtual Proxy.png

Labels (3)
5 Replies
SimonMinifie

Hi Vivek,

Did you manage to resolve this? 
Have a similar situation with no access to hub or QMC after changing the secure attribute settings.
The help article hasn't resolved. 

Thanks,

Simon

vivek_batra
Author

Hi Simon

Yes, I was able to resolve this locked out kind of situation. No help from anywhere.

This is what I did, went to the Qlik Server opened the Postgres database, found the relevant table and reverted the settings. In my case it was "Has Secure attribute" setting in Virtual Proxy.

It brought back my Qlik installation.

Hope this helps.
Vivek

SimonMinifie

Thanks Vivek, I was contemplating doing that. 

However it seems as though this is a Chrome restriction. I installed Firefox and was able to access the QMC again. 

Think before I make any changes like that in the future I'll setup a backup virtual proxy so at least there another route in. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Simon

vivek_batra
Author

Hi Simon

Glad to know that you could resolve this. Thanks for sharing the fix, this is much easier than going back door to fix the issue.