cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Upgrade and Server Allocation

If I upgrade my qlik sense server from 13.95 (September 2020) to 14.97 (November 2022), am I right in thinking all the tasks and licence allocation will remain in place and we won't have to set it all up again?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @kev6brown

that is all saved in the QSR and Licenses database and will stay the after the update.

You can however not directly upgrade to November 2022 from your version. Please use May 2022 as a intermediate version since that is the last one which support the 9.6 Database which you have having.

Then wait for an update on the Database conversion tool from 9.6 to 12.5 which is currently getting fixed by R&D until you move on to August 2022 or November 2022.

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello @kev6brown

that is all saved in the QSR and Licenses database and will stay the after the update.

You can however not directly upgrade to November 2022 from your version. Please use May 2022 as a intermediate version since that is the last one which support the 9.6 Database which you have having.

Then wait for an update on the Database conversion tool from 9.6 to 12.5 which is currently getting fixed by R&D until you move on to August 2022 or November 2022.

best regards

Sebastian

kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi

Fantastic, thank you for your reply. I'll ensure we use May 2022.

If we uninstall Qlik Sense and then reinstall May 2022, will all the license and task data be deleted?

Sebastian_Linser

Hello @kev6brown,

if you uninstall and then reinstall May 2022 it will work as well. Because you keep a backup of the DB. The other way is to upgrade to May 2022, then just uninstall and install again as mentioned here https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-May-2021-Upgrade-bundled-PostgreS...

In the May 2022 version the 12.5 version comes bundled as well, but if you upgrade from September 2020 you would stay on 9.6.

best regards

Sebastian