Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dia2021
Creator
Creator

X-axis ticks on Line Chart

Hi All,

Is it possible to display x-axis ticks monthly while displaying line on the top as a part of daily data on the Line chart?

I cannot get ticks monthly as Jan, Feb, March ... while the line displays as a daily load. 

Would you please share your thoughts if this is possible to achieve?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This should happen automatically if you have the appropriate number of date values on a continuous X-axis chart, but you won't be able to control that manually, so if the list of values gets very long or very short, the display will automatically change to different X-axis ticks. It would also be possible to show the month name on the X axis for each date value (so each month name would be repeated 28-31 times on the X axis) if you use a non-continuous axis, but this probably won't help you much considering the number of values is likely to be much larger than one month and you won't be able to fit nearly that many labels on the axis.

dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, @Or Thanks for the quick reply. I understand the way the line chart works, as you explained above.

I got this result while turning on the timeaware axis. But my problem is that how I can display Month and year on the x-axis as (Jan-2021, Feb-2021.... ). Please see the attached file for the screenshot of how can I display the month&year on the x-axis. 

Thanks!

Or
MVP
MVP

That's not the Qlik native line chart, that's the Vizlib line chart, a third-party extension. It works differently and unfortunately, as far as I know, you can't modify the way its time-aware axis behaves insofar as labeling. You could try asking on the Vizlib community site, though.

dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

@Or   Thanks for the reply and your suggestion!

I appreciate the explanation you have provided for the qliksense build-in Line chart. I tried both versions, the build-in and the vizlib extension. None is working as expected. Have a great day!

Or
MVP
MVP

@dia2021 I was able to get the vanilla line chart to behave similar to what you described when I had something in the neighborhood of 100 values on time-aware. That said, perhaps I didn't understand your requirement correctly...

In any case, good luck!