This article shows how to use the Qlik Application Automation Monitoring App. It explains how to set up the load script and how to use the app for monitoring Qlik Application Automation usage statistics for a cloud tenant.
The information in this article is provided as-is and is to be used at your own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.
The app included is an example and not an official app. The app is provided as-is.
How to configure the load script
There are four steps for the configuration of the load script:
- Configure your tenant here by typing the name of your tenant and region here:
- Configure your data connection by typing the name of an existing data connection. The data connection must be configured in the pane to the right, see picture. If you do not have one, you must create one.
- Configure your data folder location here:
- Configure your time zone here, using deviation from GMT, for example, Central European time +1:
Qlik Application Automation Monitoring app content
The monitoring app includes four sheets that present various information on the Qlik Application Automation usage in the current tenant.
Filtering is available based on Automation Name, Last Run Status, Run Mode, State & Status.
- # Runs last 30 days
- Automation runs last week
- Automations in tenant
- Automations utilized last 30 days
- Average # of runs
- Average runs per day
- Successful runs last 30 days
- Successful runs last week
Failed vs successful automation runs
- # Runs total
- Average runs per day
- Days of data
- Failed runs
- Number of failed runs per automation
- Number of runs last 30 days per user
- Percentage failed
- Runs per automation
- Successful runs
Automation run history last 30 days and weekly respectively
- Number of runs last 30 days
- Number of runs per month
Total hourly distribution
- Hourly distribution last 30 days
- Total automation runtime last 30 days
The Qlik Application Automation Monitoring app facilitates incremental load, that is, only added data is loaded into the app.
Important: Qlik Application Automation runs are only stored for 30 days. When data is loaded into the app for the first time, only 30 days of history is loaded, thus only 30 days of history will be available in the app. After this initial data load, data older than 30 days will be available in the app thanks to the incremental data load. If data is loaded at least once every 30 days, continuous data will be available in the app.
- At the initial load, only 30 days of history are loaded. This is because Qlik Application Automation history is only stored for 30 days.
- For continuous data in the app, data must be loaded at least every 30 days.
- The API can only return the last 5000 runs for every automation. Please keep this in mind when scheduling the reloads of this app.
Qlik Application Automation