A UDC don't work correctly. Users are not imported from LDAP because the task fails with a "The size limit was exceeded" or a "Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA" message. This article report a step to fix the problem.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for one possible way of configuring Maxpagesize in LDAP server. We recommend to involve the LDAP server admins to do this.
Notice that value of Maxpagesize needs to be equal to or greater than the total number of users.
- In LDAP server, go to "Run" and type "ntdsutil.exe" or "ntdsutil".
- Command prompt will open up with ntdsutil tool active.
- Type "ldap policies" and hit enter.
- Type "connections" and hit enter.
- Type "Connect to server [Servername]" and hit enter (servername is localhost if you are performing this within the ldap server).
- Once you are successfully connected to server, type "q" and hit enter.
- Type "Show values" and hit enter --> this will list all ldap policies and their values.
- To edit any of these policies, type "Set [PolicyName] to [NewValue]" and hit enter.
- Type "commit changes" and hit enter.
- To verify your change is saved, type "Show values" again and hit enter.
This is how the commands will look like in the command prompt:
ntdsutil: ldap policies
ldap policy: connections
server connections: Connect to server [Servername]
Binding to [Servername] ...
Connected to [Servername] using credentials of locally logged on user server
ldap policy: Show Values
This problem occurs because the size of the returned LDAP objects exceeds page size setting for Global Catalog in LDAP server config.It is necessary that the LDAP server admin checks the value set in the LDAP server. That value needs to be equal to or greater than the total number of users. It also has to be in line with the corresponding UDC setting, meaning Page size.
In general, it is also very useful to add a correct LDAP filter QMC's UDC settings in order to limit the size of the returned objects .
Internal Investigation ID(s)
QB-4558, QB-2982, QLIK-98759