Removing a QlikView Publisher license from a QlikView Server cannot simply be performed by just removing the license in QlikView Management Console. Some additional steps are required to recreate the QVPR database
Note: Removing the Publisher license will remove all current tasks and rebuild the QVPR database. Please make sure to backup all files mentioned before making any changes to the files/folders.
Note: If a previous backup was created of the QVPR database dated before applying the Publisher license, you may extract the zip file to the QVPR folder at this time. The backup is located in the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups. If there is no backup, tasks will need to be recreated manually.
If what was intended is an update of the Publisher license in the environment, go to the QMC and the System\License\Click on Publisher\License tab on right side and click the Update License button.
To remove the Publisher license follow the below steps:
- Stop the QlikView Management Service (QMS) and QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) from Windows Services applet (Start menu > Administrative Tools > Services applet)
- Go to folder %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService
- Rename/remove the PublisherLef folder
- Rename/remove the Reginfo.txt file
- Remove all xml and bak files located in the QVPR folder
- Rename/Remove 'qvpr_servername' Configuration Settings file
- Restart the QMS and QDS services from the Services applet
- In QlikView Management Console (QMC) navigate to System > Licenses > QlikView Publisher to confirm the Publisher serial number and LEF have been removed