Mailchimp - How to get started and using the generic blocks

Last Update:

Sep 27, 2021 2:59:46 AM

Updated By:

Marius_Nuca

Created date:

Sep 27, 2021 2:59:46 AM

Attachments

This article gives an overview of the available blocks in the Mailchimp connector in Qlik Application Automation. It will also go over some basic examples of how to use the generic blocks supplied with the Mailchimp connector.

This connector supports operations to manage audiences (subscriber email lists), adding/removing subscribers from audiences, managing campaigns, subscriber tags and custom fields (merge fields).

Authentication for this connector is based on the oAuth2 Protocol so connecting an instance of an account is made easy and secure by just filling in your account credentials that go straight to the Mailchimp platform as securely as possible.

Now from our experience the Mailchimp connector is being used by most customers in order to set-up a mailing list following an event that was hosted on another platform ( I will consider my event platform being Salesforce ).

It should be easy then to just query for all your leads/contacts information from the first platform and insert the emails you need into a Mailchimp audience.

Following screenshot should point out an easy flow for this ( also attaching a JSON file for the automation so you can quickly import it in your tenant )

Marius_Nuca_0-1632724887098.png

I did some checks in there since some Salesforce contacts might not have an email address and one is required for the search block, and the second check is to not have to go over emails that are already in my list.

Now most of the blocks are pretty much straightforward but I want to touch on the generic blocks we provide in the following passages. We tried covering the main endpoints that Mailchimp provides for public use, but in case something is missing and you really need it then we suggest using the RAW API blocks.

Let's say for example we haven't implemented on our side the request to list/create/update/delete a subscribers note object. As you have access to Mailchimp documentation on this all you will need is to use the blocks and fill in the input fields with 

/lists/{list_id}/members/{subscriber_hash}/notes

generic list.PNG

which would be the termination of the API endpoint you are trying to reach in case of the generic list/generic create or 

/lists/{list_id}/members/{subscriber_hash}/notes/{note_id}

generic get.PNG

in case of the others and build up the body of the object with whatever parameters you want and are accepted by the Mailchimp platform.

create general example.PNG

 Hope this helps you build yourselves an awesome automation.

The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
Comments
dimitard
Contributor
Contributor

@Marius_Nuca  I was testing the RAW Api blocks for Mailchimp on Qlik Cloud, but it seems all of them, no matter what settings and inputs, produce Error 500. The regular blocks work OK. Any clue?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @dimitard 

Please raise your question in the Qlik Application Automation forums, where our engineers and active customers can be of better assistance.

All the best,
Sonja 

Contributors
Version history
Last update:
‎2021-09-27 02:59 AM
Updated by: