Skip to main content

Operation and License Monitor App Fail With Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Operation and License Monitor App Fail With Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)

Last Update:

Oct 26, 2021 2:53:26 AM

Updated By:

Damien_Villaret

Created date:

Jun 7, 2018 9:09:16 PM

The Operation and License Monitor App mail fail with Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)

The script logs read:

2018-05-31 08:20:27      Error: Connection aborted (System error: ***)
2018-05-31 08:20:27      Execution Failed
2018-05-31 08:20:27      Execution finished.

Cause:

The Connector executables are cryptography signed for authenticity verification.  The .NET Framework's verification procedure when launching an executable includes checking OCSP and Certificate Revocation List information, which means fetching it online if the system doesn't have a fresh cached copy locally. The connector will try to connect the Internet to initialize and verify even without using it.  

Resolution:

1. Stop all Qlik Sense services on all nodes.
  2. Edit C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config
    1. If there is a <runtime/> tag, change it to
      <runtime>
          <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/> 
      </runtime>

2. If there is other stuff in the <runtime> section, then change it to look like this:
      <runtime>
        <some other key="value"/>
        <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>
      </runtime>​
  3. Save machine.config
  4. Repeat on all nodes (if applicable)
  5. Start Qlik Sense services on all nodes

*This set up requires every time after upgrading. 
Labels (2)
Comments
David_Deshayes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have the same problem with a Qlik Sense Enterprise May 2021 on Windows Server 2019.

The error saw in the Tasks with the reload of applications Licence Monitor and Operations Monitor is failed : 

20220124T145703.119+0100 0697 LIB CONNECT TO 'monitor_apps_REST_license_user'
        20220124T145733.181+0100      Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)

Obviously, on any other platform or system, the tasks are OK. 
I asked the help from an Administrator system of Windows domain, but I don't explain why and how this problem arrives.
Is it because Qlik call another program ? ex : QvRestConnector.exe or QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe
Is it because some ports are forbiden? 
Other consequence : if we open the hub and create an application, we have the "circle of waiting" for data connections; and impossible to create a data connection.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @David_Deshayes 

I recommend posting this query in our Qlik Sense Deployment and Management forum.

All the best,
Sonja 

PhilipMertin
Partner - Contributor III

We're having the same issue with License and Operations Monitoring apps failing with error "LIB CONNECT TO 'monitor_apps_REST_license_user'. Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)".

This after upgrading Qlik Sense from Nov' 19 to Nov '20.

When I look in 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config', then strangely there is only "</runtime >" (note the space between the "e" and ">" too). There is no open tag like <runtime >.

I haven't been able to add the recommended "<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>" just before the "</runtime >" piece yet. Not sure I should with the <runtime> tag missing?

(I don't have permission to update the config file. Security settings shows only "trusted installer" can. But I think this is our IT denying me access and will follow up with them.)

David_Deshayes
Contributor
Contributor

Ha yes sorry, I forgot to send my solution.
I understood my problem. It was because we added a virtual proxy for reason of security.
When you add a prefix, that changes the connection. And you must change all link of REST dataconnection.

PhilipMertin

Hi David, our Proxy and Virtual Proxies didn't change. We have since upgraded to QS Feb '21 in the hopes that it would help, but it hasn't. Would you mind giving detail on how you did it? I'm not sure how to check or change the Rest connections.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @PhilipMertin 

I believe this article explains what David mentioned: License and Operations monitor not working with (404) Not Found with custom https port 

I would also recommend this article for further troubleshooting: Operations Monitor or License Monitor Tasks Do Not Reload - Updated and Verbose - Monitoring Apps 

all the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-10-26 02:53 AM
Updated by: