Skip to main content

Qlik Compose - 2021.08 - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shashi_holla
Support
Support

Qlik Compose - 2021.08 - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error

Last Update:

May 10, 2022 8:12:18 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Mar 10, 2022 1:00:53 AM

We get the following generic error while regenerating the tasks in Qlik Compose 2021.08 version:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

shashi_holla_0-1646891765402.png

Environment

• Qlik Compose 2021.08

Resolution

The error can be for many reasons but in the case it was because of concatenate function on one of the mapping columns. Something like 'ABC|DEF|ACCOUNT|' || TO_VARCHAR(${ID}). This issue happens after we upgrade Compose from 2021.05 to 2021.08.

The resolution is to rebuild the function again manually. There is no apparent reason why it might happen and is intermittent.

Labels (1)
Comments
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

We have the same error. I rebuild the function again and I still got this error.
Does we also need to rebuild the filters? Or is there something else I can check?

Kind Regards,
Isabelle

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @ift_isabelle 

I would recommend you post about the issue directly in either the Qlik Compose for Data Lakes or Qlik Compose for Data Warehouse forums to make use of our engineers and community members active on those places.

Please feel free to reference the article. 

All the best,
Sonja 

JacobTews
Contributor III
Contributor III

In case anyone encounters a similar problem to what I encountered, I thought I'd chime in with some details:

When duplicating a table for filtering (for example, using a Salesperson table that has a flag for Inside/Outside Rep to populate two new tables, Salesperson_Inside and Salesperson_Outside), the Attributes assigned to the Parameters in a function do not get duplicated. You'll need to assign again the Attributes for each new duplicate of that table.

In my case, our dates are stored as 4 int columns (CC, YY, MM, DD) on the source, but in the data warehouse they are merged into a single datetime column calculated via a user-defined function. Each time I duplicate a table for a new filtered one, I need to tell Compose again which Attributes map to the Parameters of that user-defined function.

Hope that saves someone the hair-pulling that I've gone through haha

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-05-10 08:12 AM
Updated by: