Skip to main content

Qlik Sense Engine health check showing saturated: true even if RAM and CPU are available

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Qlik Sense Engine health check showing saturated: true even if RAM and CPU are available

Last Update:

Jan 26, 2023 10:00:25 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jan 26, 2023 8:34:46 AM

The Engine health check can show saturated: true even if there is sufficient RAM and CPU available on the machine. 

An example of when this issue can occur is the following chain of events:

1. Two ore more apps are opened in short order.
  2. The apps consume all available memory
  3. The apps are closed when saturated:true is reached
  4. The memory is successfully unloaded, but the healthcheck remains on saturated=true

Environment

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 2022 releases

Resolution

Upgrade Qlik Sense as soon as the fix is released. See QB-14929 in the Qlik Release Notes.

Cause

The problem is due to a defect just resolved (January 2023). The fix will be releases in a next Qlik Sense version.

Information provided on this defect is given as is at the time of documenting. For up to date information, please review the most recent Release Notes, or contact support with the ID QB-14929 for reference.

Internal Investigation ID

QB-14929

Labels (1)
Comments
andrescie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Andrea_Bertazzo , how can I check that? we are experimenting some performance issues but RAM looks to be fine arounf 72% most of the time. I am wondering if that's because of the Min RAM setting in the engine or something related to what is described here?

Thanks!

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @andrescie 

If you are looking to review your system's performance, I would recommend the following three articles (including a full video walkthrough):

Optimizing Performance for Qlik Sense Enterprise 
Qlik Engine Memory Management 
Tech Brief on Qlik Associated Engine Memory Management 

all the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-01-26 10:00 AM
Updated by: