Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik Sense : Reloads failing with error "General Script Error in statement handling" and error code 232 in engine logs

100% helpful (2/2)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Qlik Sense : Reloads failing with error "General Script Error in statement handling" and error code 232 in engine logs

Last Update:

Nov 23, 2022 3:27:24 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Aug 31, 2021 6:15:46 AM

Many reloads are failing on different schedulers with General Script Error in statement handling. The issue is intermittent.
The connection to the data source goes through our Qlik ODBC connectors.

The Script Execution log shows a  “General Script Error in statement handling” message. Nevertheless, the same execution works if restarted after some time without modifying the script that looks correct.

The engine logs show:

CGenericConnection: ConnectNamedPipe(\\.\pipe\data_92df2738fd3c0b01ac1255f255602e9c16830039.pip) set error code 232

Environment

Resolution

Change the reading strategy within the current connector:
Set reading-strategy value=engine in C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Qlik\CustomData\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\QvODBCConnectorPackage.exe.config
reading-strategy value=connector should be removed.

Internal Investigation ID(s):

QB-8346

Labels (1)
Comments
rva_be-terna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Any updates on this issue?  One of our customers sees this error and needs a patch release!

Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi Rvaheldendaten.

We don't have a release date for the fix so far. Has your customer already opened a ticket with support?

rva_be-terna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@Andrea_Bertazzo: no case yet, but I will create one.

nik_lim
Contributor
Contributor

Would the workaround for ODBC connector (i.e changing the reading strategy) works also with REST connector (i.e set reading-strategy value=engine instead of =connector)?

Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi @nik_lim 

Thanks for the interesting question. The problem has been reported only for ODBC connectors so far, so I need to investigate with our development team and I will be back to you as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the workaround if possible. It would be very useful to know if this fixes your issue with REST connectors.

Thanks

skozawa
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Andrea_Bertazzo 

How does the following log output change by setting "reading-strategy value=engine"
in QvODBCConnectorPackage.exe.config?  

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage\Log

Shiho Kozawa

skozawa
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Andrea_Bertazzo 

Sorry to bother you when you're busy.

Have you had a chance to look over my previous post?

I'll be grateful if you can reply to me.

Shiho Kozawa

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @skozawa

Let me see if I can find out what changes.

All the best,
Sonja

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello again @skozawa

The output itself is not changed. This change is internal only and does not modify how the log files are written.

All the best,
Sonja

skozawa
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@Sonja_Bauernfeind

Thank you for replying.

I understand the output itself is not changed.

Thanks.

Shiho Kozawa

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-11-23 03:27 AM
Updated by: