Qlik Sense Websocket Connectivity Tester

Last Update:

Dec 10, 2021 8:39:18 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Sep 6, 2017 11:39:29 PM

Attachments

Qlik Sense use HTTP,  HTTPS and Web Socket to transfer the information in/out from Qlik Sense.

The provided tool can be used to test protocol compliance, indicating if a network policy, firewall, or other perimeter device is blocking any of the required connections.

If any of the tests return as unsuccessful, please engage your network team. 

Please note, this tool is not Qlik official tool, hence user needs to run it on their risk and management.   To do the test, the Qlik Sense server requires an internet connection. 

Environment:

The Qlik Sense Websocket Connectivity Tester

This web page can be used to assess websocket connectivity to your Qlik Sense installation.

1. Download the attached package or download the package from GitHub: https://github.com/flautrup/QlikSenseWebsocketConnectivityTester
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Login to the Qlik Sense Management Console
  4. Create a Content Library

1. Go to Content libraries 
    2. Click and Create New
    3. Name the Content Library: WebSocketTester
    4. Verify and modify the Security Rule

Note that in our example any user is allowed to access this WebSocketTester.

security rule content library.png

5. Click Apply

5. Click Contents in the Associated items menu
  6. Click Upload
  7. Upload the QlikSenseWebsocketTest.html file.
  8. Copy the correct URL from the URL path

websocket tester url.png

9. Open a web browser (from any machine from which you wish to test the WebSocket connection).
  10. Paste the URL path and prefix the fully qualified domain name and https. 

Example: https://qlikserver3.domain.local/content/WebSocketTester/QlikSenseWebsocketTest.html

websocket tester.png

What to do if any of them fail?

Verify that WebSocket is enabled in the network infrastructure, such as firewalls, browsers, reverse proxies, etc.
See the article below under Related Content for additional steps.

Related Content:

Comments
primecoder
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Team,

the Websocket Tester is failing in all steps, i have checked the firewall, the firewall has been disabled.

can you provide any input on how to trouble shoot it.

Thanks in advance.

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi is there any further trouble shoot? For my checking, first 2 is green and last two is red. I have screenshot below. what should be the next step? Thanks in advance.

YanMin_0-1620186742221.png

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @YanMin 

The tester basically verifies if WebSockets can be established. If that is not the case, the next step would be to investigate with your IT infrastructure team. If you're looking for additional input from the Qlik Sense community, then I'd encourage you to post here: Deployment and Management.

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

Yes, it is our internal IT problem. Sorry for the post. 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

We're always happy to help where we can, @YanMin! Never hesitate to reach out with questions in our community 🙂 

BK-2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, I keep getting "error uploading file" when trying to upload the html file?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @BK-2021 Are you able to upload different files? What error message are you seeing?

I've tested the instructions provided in this article (and updated them) and they do work. This may require a post on our community to help you troubleshoot, but let's hear what error you are getting first and if you can upload any other files.

All the best,
Sonja 

BK-2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply @Sonja_Bauernfeind  
It was the security rules I set wrongly. WebTest all seemed good, so there were no explanation for the constant timeout I get while created apps using the script editor (I have to reload all the time).

Kind regards,
Bjørn

JimmiV
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Team,

the tester passed all the steps but if I ran from VB.Net the code ILocation.GetAppIdentifiersAsync() I get an error opening the web socket. Stack trace below:

at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.RpcConnection.<RepeatAttempt>d__55.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.RpcConnection.<OpenAsync>d__54.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.RpcConnection.<EnsureConnectionIsOpen>d__67.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.RpcConnection.<SendAsync>d__65.MoveNext()
at Qlik.Engine.Communication.QlikConnection.<PingAsync>d__56.MoveNext()
at Qlik.Sense.JsonRpc.GenericLocation.<DisposeOnErrorAsync>d__34.MoveNext()
at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.<HubAsync>d__23.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at Qlik.Engine.LocationExtensions.<GetAppIdentifiersAsync>d__19.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at Smouse.Qlik.SIEngine.VB$StateMachine_17_GetListaAppAsync.MoveNext()

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @JimmiV 

I would recommend posting this in our forums with additional information on what you are attempting to achieve. This is likely the best forum choice: Qlik Sense Extensions and Integration.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-12-10 08:39 AM
Updated by: