Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
HollyJohnson
Employee
Employee

In this weeks blog we meet Priscila Papazissis, a new Educator Ambassador for 2024 as well as a Qlik Luminary for the second year!

Priscila started using Qlik for her work in 2013, and in 2016 she began teaching at Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Minas Gerais in Brazil, on the Post Graduation courses, “I decided to use Qlik as the platform to help the students to understand in a practical way how to model data warehouses using the concepts of the star schema. Qlik is used showing the star schemas and how this kind of data model can be transformed in a dashboard full of information to potentially take better and faster decisions.”

Priscillas course is all about data warehouse modelling, when she started teaching, she thought, “it's not very interesting to create a conceptual model without understanding in a practical way how it will be used in the future." I understood that to show the conceptual model, [if I] show data about that model and use the data visually, the students could understand more about how to build good data products and try to use it in their day by day business.” Priscila knew from her professional life that Qlik could do this very simply, so she chose it as the tool for her course.

Pricilla started by using Qlikview with her students then in 2018 she moved onto Qlik Sense Cloud and began to incorporate data literacy concepts too, “In 2018 I started studying about the concepts of Data Literacy, and when I discovered that Qlik had this program too, some of the classes were built to show the students that they can count on this program to know more about how to deal with data in a better way.”

With the inclusion of the Academic Program in her teaching, Priscila has seen her students achieve great professional success, “As I am a leader in the companies I have been working for since 2017, I already hired 3 of my post-graduation students after they finished the courses. But I believe that many of my other students have been hired because of the competences they acquire during this post graduation.”

In 2024 Priscila hopes to spread Data Literacy further, using more the materials Qlik makes available. “I plan to give more examples using Qlik Sense Cloud, using the concepts of AUTO ML to give more robustness to the knowledge students of 2024 need to make a difference in their careers, as we are in the AI Era.”

“I believe we will face many changes in 2, 3 years in data industry. With the spread of AI practices, both traditional AI and Generative AI, every employee, in business areas or technology areas must understand how data can help to do more with less, to get some operational efficiency through the use of data and how to help to increase revenue and shrink the costs.”

When Priscila isn’t teaching, she’s busy managing an analytics team at a large company in Brazil. Outside of work and teaching she can be found travelling, visiting the beach and enjoying nature with her husband, daughter and stepson. As well as visiting the cinema and enjoying dinners out together.

During her year as Educator Ambassador, she hopes to make new friends and understand how her fellow educator ambassadors are using Qlik in their universities as well as have the opportunity to present about the program and her teaching. Priscila hopes to learn even more about Qlik and how can be used to better educate students on data analytics.

Educators and students can get access to free Qlik software and training resources, qualifications and certifications by applying to the Academic Program today: qlik.com/academicprogram