Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleR111
Contributor III
Contributor III

Application Automation Report Generation for Multiple Locations (same dashboard)

Hi all,  

I have to produce one single sheet dashboard for 200 locations. (same exact view filtered to each of the 200 locations)

Storytelling mode is not an option as the "Live Data Set" is not really "Live" . Unless i'm doing it wrong. I create the storyboard with a live data set and change the filters and nothing adjusts in the storytelling mode. Not the main reason for the post, but it is another reason i am going this route.

Because of that storytelling limitation, right now I'm forced to create a new stories every month, just to be able to automate the download to pdf. 

I assume that i can automate this through this process.

QUESTION : is it possible for me to build out in the automation process a download to PDF for each of my locations

Can i write a command that says i want sheets "Location Turnover" & "Total Workforce" & "Monthly Exits" (OR JUST all my public sheets) downloaded in an individual pdf for every location on this list : Austin, New York, Miami, etc.

That would save me hours! and you would have my eternal gratitude 😄 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

3 Replies
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I've not done it myself, but it certainly should be possible with App Automation Reports... Looks like there's an example in this comment on a thread about distributing Excel reports - a similar approach should work: Using Qlik Application Automation to create and di... - Page 4 - Qlik Community - 1847184

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
KyleR111
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Alex, i will take a look!

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @AlexOmetis 

You can also take a look at a few reporting templates already available in the template picker and alter it depending on your use case

1. Send a burst report to email recipients from a straight table
  2. Send a burst report to email recipients from an Excel file

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-send-a-bursted-report-using-Qlik-Appl...

qlik-reporting-templates.png

Thanks