Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmuniBasav
Contributor III
Contributor III

Store different variable values in Qlik Application Automation

Hi All, 

I want to send KPIs data from Qlik to Slack. Hence I am storing KPI values in a different variables in Qlik Sense App, then I have created Qlik App Automation, where I am storing them in a different variables again and calling them in Slack Block Message.

But Only the First variable is getting stored, for the next variable it shows null in Automation, but in Qlik Sense app,  I can see the calculated value. Below are the screenshots for your reference. Please help. 

automation_blocks.PNG

Exp_2.PNG 

var_1.PNG

app_var.PNG

Labels (1)
  • Slack

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
J_Lindberg
Support
Support

@OmuniBasav In this case it seems as if you first want to round the value to one decimal then multiply this with 100 to get the percentage using formulas: {multiply: {round: {$.getExpressionValue}, 1}, 100}

Then add the percentage sign to the Slack message: 

J_Lindberg_0-1671698953221.png

View solution in original post

OmuniBasav
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @J_Lindberg , Thank you. Its now working. What I did is, first multiplied the value and then rounded it up, at the output gave % sign, just like you suggested.

{round:{multiply: {$.getExpressionValue2},100},2}

Thanks again. Below is the my output. 

OmuniBasav_0-1671702466378.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
J_Lindberg
Support
Support

Hello @OmuniBasav, which variable are you fetching using the "Get Variable 2" block?

OmuniBasav
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @J_Lindberg , I'm fetching vAutoPickFail  variable. 

J_Lindberg
Support
Support

Thank you @OmuniBasav , what if you remove the Num() conversion, so that you only calculate the Sum? Then you could round the value in the variable by adding a formula such as: {round: {$.getExpressionValue}, 0}

OmuniBasav
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@J_Lindberg Below snapshot shows chronological order of my output after making changes as per your suggestion. 

I want Variable - message 1 to show in percentage like '20%'. Can you please let me know how do i do that? 

Output1.PNG

J_Lindberg
Support
Support

@OmuniBasav In this case it seems as if you first want to round the value to one decimal then multiply this with 100 to get the percentage using formulas: {multiply: {round: {$.getExpressionValue}, 1}, 100}

Then add the percentage sign to the Slack message: 

J_Lindberg_0-1671698953221.png

OmuniBasav
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @J_Lindberg , Thank you. Its now working. What I did is, first multiplied the value and then rounded it up, at the output gave % sign, just like you suggested.

{round:{multiply: {$.getExpressionValue2},100},2}

Thanks again. Below is the my output. 

OmuniBasav_0-1671702466378.png