Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagarwal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to check logs in Saas if uploading of application gets fail

Hello Guys,

When I am trying to upload qvf file on SaaS it is giving me error of failed to upload. Could you please tell me how to find the logs so that I can investigate the reason why it is failing ?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

The first place to look in is the Management Console -> Events in SaaS, to see if the engine logged a failure with more details.  The next place is the SaaS tenant logs, which can be reviewed by Support.  You could submit a Support case with the Tenant ID and User ID, to have the back-end logs checked.  If the failure might be network-related, you can monitor this with developer tools in the browser, and collect a HAR file if needed.

A common reason of app upload failure is due to a capacity limit. If your .qvf file size on-disk is over 1 GB and you only have Standard capacity, this is likely.  Or, you might be hitting a storage limit for apps + data in your tenant.  Finally, the app in-memory size must be under the documented limits, which is checked during upload using the file metadata.  SaaS capacities vary between Qlik Sense Business, Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS, and Expanded apps or Dedicated capacity.  Further capacity details:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/sense-capac...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

The first place to look in is the Management Console -> Events in SaaS, to see if the engine logged a failure with more details.  The next place is the SaaS tenant logs, which can be reviewed by Support.  You could submit a Support case with the Tenant ID and User ID, to have the back-end logs checked.  If the failure might be network-related, you can monitor this with developer tools in the browser, and collect a HAR file if needed.

A common reason of app upload failure is due to a capacity limit. If your .qvf file size on-disk is over 1 GB and you only have Standard capacity, this is likely.  Or, you might be hitting a storage limit for apps + data in your tenant.  Finally, the app in-memory size must be under the documented limits, which is checked during upload using the file metadata.  SaaS capacities vary between Qlik Sense Business, Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS, and Expanded apps or Dedicated capacity.  Further capacity details:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Introduction/sense-capac...