Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nene
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik DataTransfer upload of the application fails

Hi,

I have a testing application in Qlik Sense Enterprise. The data model is very simple. Just select one table from the connection called 'crm'. This connection name is defined in Qlik Sense Enterprise and also in Qlik DataTransfer which is located on separate server. From both servers is the database accessible.

During upload of the application using Qlik DataTransfer, there is an error: "Connection 'crm' not found LIB CONNECT TO 'crm'"

How to fix this error, please?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Francisco_Fernandez

Hello @nene,

Could you please explain (Maybe attaching some screenshots) the steps that you are following to upload the app?

Best regards,

Francisco

nene
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Francisco_Fernandez ,

here are details. I have created just empty application in on-premise Qlik Sense Enterprise. There is simple very load code:

LIB CONNECT TO 'crm';

LOAD agenda_id;

[agenda]:
SELECT `agenda_id`
FROM crm.agenda;

Nothing more.

The resource crm is defined as MySQL Enterprise Edition. I am able to load data on on-premise Qlik Sense Enteprise without any issues.

I have created Connection Resource in Qlik DataTransfer called crm and type MySQL Enterprise Edition:

nene_0-1648729887927.png

To test the funcionality, I have also created Data Connection in Qlik DataTransfer called crm with the same load script as it is in test application - just to load one column from one table. This works fine and the data has been uploaded to the cloud:

nene_1-1648730042789.png

I have exported the test application from on-premise Qlik Sense Enterprise as QVF and created Qlik app to upload the whole app using Qlik DataTransfer. This upload fails with the error "Connection 'crm' not found LIB CONNECT TO 'crm'"

nene_3-1648730638662.png

I do not know, how to fix this error. To get this works.

Best Regards,

Nene

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

This is a connection string error: "LIB CONNECT TO 'CRM'.  So to resolve this please make sure that your connection string point towards the right space where the connection resides. 

Tip: From the screenshot, I can see that the destination is your personal space.  also, try removing the LIB statement and see if that works. and if not, then you need to check the destination of the data connection.  The other simple thing you can do is open an app in SaaS > Remove the LIB connection in script > add it back by clicking the connection link(little curvey arrow) and try to load it again.

if the problem still persists feel free to open a support ticket.

Thank you

Akki

nene
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Akshesh_Patel, I am not sure if I am understand you. I have issues with Qlik DataTransfer, not with SaaS. QDT is failing during upload of the application. So, there is no application in the cloud which can be edited and no connection string in cloud which can be edited. In the help for Qlik apps (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikDataTransfer/qlik-da...) is written:

"You can extract and upload data from Qlik Sense and QlikView app files (QVF and QVW). When you upload app data, Qlik DataTransfer runs the app data load script in the QVF or QVW. It then extracts all tables using binary load and stores them in a QVD file. The QVD is then uploaded to your Qlik Cloud. ...... Qlik DataTransfer does not refresh the data in the app before uploading for QVF files authored in Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows...."

If I udendstand it correctly, in my case - application exported from Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows with data included, the load part of the application should not take place. As the application data included in the QVF package should be used. Do I understand it correctly?

Nene