Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pierre_G
Contributor III
Contributor III

Changing compose data warehouse database name - SQL code references old database name value

I have changed the Compose DATA WAREHOUSE connection (database name), cleared the metadata cache and regenerated the tasks.

Getting errors when running a tasks:  Generated Sql code still references old database name.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jtompkins
Creator
Creator

I am on the same version as you. Try going to settings and check the "generate DDL scripts but do not run them" box. Then generate your task instructions. Then  uncheck the same box in settings and generate them again. That workaround usually refreshes the metadata, even though it's annoying to do every time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

Hello @Pierre_G  Looks like you are on one of our older versions of Compose. What version of Compose are you running?

Do you see an option to clear the landing cache under the DWH pannel? If so, please clear that as well and let me know if that address the issue.

Please share the screenshot of the error if that error persists.

Thanks,

Nanda

Pierre_G
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Running Qlik Compose 2021.8.0.372

I clicked on the DWH Clear Metadata Cache and on the Manage Task Clear Landing Cache

I have regenerated all statements - no errors

When running etl getting this error:
Terminated: sqlstate S0002, errorcode 208, message Invalid object name CDW2.CDW_ODS_ADMIN.TSTG_E002_ELCTRL_EVENT.

The connection CDW2 was changed to CDW but the staging table sql code still uses the old value.

jtompkins
Creator
Creator

I am on the same version as you. Try going to settings and check the "generate DDL scripts but do not run them" box. Then generate your task instructions. Then  uncheck the same box in settings and generate them again. That workaround usually refreshes the metadata, even though it's annoying to do every time.

Pierre_G
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. this seems to have worked.