Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

It was back in April at Qonnections, our 10th global partner conference that we unveiled Qlik Sense 2.0 and shared our platform strategy with the world.  It was also the first time we talked in detail about our plans for QlikView 12. Today I’m delighted to be able to share the news that it’s arrived! QlikView 12 will you please stand up and show yourself to the world!

There is no doubt that this is an eagerly awaited release by many of our 37,000 strong global customer base. But why? QlikView is a very mature product, it's functionally rich, and it’s undoubtedly in my opinion the product that revolutionized business intelligence and ultimately created the global data discovery market as we know it today. So what is so important about QlikView 12?

An investment in QlikView 12 is an investment in Qlik

With QlikView 12, Qlik delivers on its commitment to its proven, market-leading data discovery solution which secures our customers long term investment in the product.  It also lays the foundation for our customers to partner with Qlik to build out their business intelligence strategies and meet the expanding needs of their BI consumers by addressing multiple use cases through a unique platform approach to visual analytics.

QlikView 12 now runs on the second generation QIX (Qlik Data Indexing) engine that powers the entire Qlik portfolio. With this improvement, we can more easily help customers address new use cases in Qlik Sense by allowing them to share data models across the platform. 

Our investments also benefit the way our customers use QlikView today. QlikView 12 delivers a number of deployment, performance, security and connectivity enhancements along with greater accessibility through enhanced mobile touch-enabled capabilities. In addition QlikView customers will be able to now take advantage of Qlik’s strategy to deliver value added cloud services – such as Qlik’s “Data as a Service” offering, Qlik DataMarket.

(If you want to see some of this in action check out this brief presentation)

QlikView 12 - What's New Presentation

QlikView - REST Connector

QlikView - Qlik Data Market

Put simply, QlikView is a business intelligence solution with an unrivaled pedigree, functional richness and delivers the lowest cost of ownership in the market. Many customers have already delivered robust guided analytics and dashboards to knowledge workers across their organizations, and with QlikView 12, that investment is secured. 

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Senior Product Marketing Manager

Qlik

@mtarallo - follow me

22 Comments
sunny_talwar

Thanks for sharing the videos. QlikView 12 looks great.

I wanted to know if it is possible to install QlikView 12 without having to remove QlikView 11.20? In essence can we have QlikView 12 and QlikView 11.20 both installed on a single machine at the same time?

Best,

Sunny

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sunny - I believe the only option is to upgrade your existing installation. I would not recommended installing both versions in the same system anyway. If this is for testing and migration purposes, I would assume following a proper migration and testing plan would be in order.

I can find out more information if need be.

Regards,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

"QlikView 12 now runs on the second generation QIX (Qlik Data Indexing) engine that powers the entire Qlik portfolio. With this improvement, we can more easily help customers address new use cases in Qlik Sense by allowing them to share data models across the platform."

I am intrigued by being allowed "to share data models across the platform" and would love an example scenario to help me understand how one could exploit this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bill, it works even with 11.2 - you can binary load your QVW or QVDs, created with QlikView 11  to Qlik Sense application. My bet with QV12, you can now also do a reverse thing - load data from QVFs back to QV - Mike, can you confirm please?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use QV macro's to create and distribute various excel reports. Does QV12 still support macro's?

Kind Regards

James

0 Likes
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yes, QV12 support macros .

0 Likes
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There is no option to load a QVF in QV12.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So QlikSense has responsive design. Does 12 have responsive design with the new engine? I see improvements with touch technology, but it's not clear if that means we have to design a 'tablet' version, a 'mobile version' or if we just design one report and the responsive design automatically works across those devices.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is same old QV11 - all they did they did a better handling of touch events. So no, it is not responsive design or anything.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the main difference in term of Qlikview engine and QIX engine ?

it does same de duplication of values  logic and same associative model.?? how different is the new QIX engine in Qlikview

Regards

Raj