cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srishti_magellan
Contributor II
Contributor II

QEM - Color coding

As QEM is one UI for connecting multiple replicate instances, it would be good to have an option to dedicate a color to each instance so that when you open tasks from multiple servers you don't get confused and accidentally update an unintended task specially when you're troubleshooting an issue in production but making changes in your development. For example if development is blue background and production is green background then it will be easier to identify and avoid confusion

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @srishti_magellan 

I like this idea. Please submit this as an official feature request here so it goes directly to our Product Management team. Other users will be able to vote up your idea to help set the priority: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Thanks,

Dana

srishti_magellan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Dana_Baldwin for sharing the link for ideation. I couldn't find it earlier that's why posted it this way. I was using Dbeaver and found this cool feature and thought it would be nice if QEM could do something similar

srishti_magellan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately I'm unable to submit any idea on the page you shared above. Maybe its an access issue.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @srishti_magellan 

Maybe this will help: 

To get started please see our article: "Getting Started with Ideas": https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Insight-Blog/Getting-Started-with-Ideas/ba-p/1684011

You will be required to have a Qlik ID to logon to the Community which is not the same as your support portal logon. If you have previously registered for a Qlik ID such as one you use to access the downloads site, you can use the same to logon for the Community. First time accessing Community with a Qlik idea will prompt for a username alias to be used when posting to the Community.  This alias is not a logon but for display purposes when posting. If you do not have a Qlik ID for logon, you can register at the logon screen. The Ideas blog post will provide information on how to use the Ideas board and how to access it.

If you have any issues registering or logging on to the Community, please submit a new case with the issue you are having so we can direct the case to our Customer Service team for assistance.