Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

16.6 Migration

hi guys,

(hope all is well)

busy migrating from Nprint 16.6 and a project is throwing the following error:

'Error while importing. ERROR: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).'

i have no idea what a Guid is?

its unable to import the templates. any ideas or am i just being stupid?

cheers

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  GUID is 'Globally Unique Identifier' which stands for the ID of some sort. In NPrinting 17+ everything has and ID as it is based on PostgreSQL db.

It is likely that your templates are not correct or are missing some objects. NPrinting 16 was forgiving and would not recognise that something is/was missing. NPrinting 17+ verifies this (due to its PostgreSQL based nature). It may also be that your actual template was not properly zipped into project.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We need to focus on the report template that have the issue.

Please in QlikView NPrinting 16 open that report in Designer, be sure that it can be opened correctly. Than run a preview and it must be ok.

Then export the project again, do a new copy to exclude that it was the previous export damaged. 

In Qlik NPrinting 17+ (what version are you using?) be sure that everything is working correctly.

Then try to import again only the report template with errors. Import only the report , not the whole project.

If you still have the error please add more details here like screenshots or complete log files.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  GUID is 'Globally Unique Identifier' which stands for the ID of some sort. In NPrinting 17+ everything has and ID as it is based on PostgreSQL db.

It is likely that your templates are not correct or are missing some objects. NPrinting 16 was forgiving and would not recognise that something is/was missing. NPrinting 17+ verifies this (due to its PostgreSQL based nature). It may also be that your actual template was not properly zipped into project.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for this!

the plot thickens somewhat. i've tried to preview/edit the offending report in Nprint 16.6, and i now get an error which stops me previewing/editing:

"Class no registered, Class ID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

this report is generating monthly and works fine - i've not even seen this error before?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You must be able to open, edit and preview the report in QlikView NPrinting 16. Check that all entities used in the template are still available in the connected QWV.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

everything in 16 is fine - there's multiple reports in this project that run every month with no issues.

when i try to import the project,  the conections and filters import fine, its the reports that dont. when i try to create a report in 17 then import the template, that throws an error also.

these are just standard xlsx files. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We need to focus on the report template that have the issue.

Please in QlikView NPrinting 16 open that report in Designer, be sure that it can be opened correctly. Than run a preview and it must be ok.

Then export the project again, do a new copy to exclude that it was the previous export damaged. 

In Qlik NPrinting 17+ (what version are you using?) be sure that everything is working correctly.

Then try to import again only the report template with errors. Import only the report , not the whole project.

If you still have the error please add more details here like screenshots or complete log files.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

well i got there in the end - turns out 17 doesnt like variables (simple date variables used in reports) and most bizzarley, i had to import the project with one report at a time, check it was ok, then add the next report, check it was ok and so on.

big project (our largest) - 2 days work!

many thanks for the conmments and help guys!

cheers, Phil.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi Phil @wonkymeister ,

I wonder if you could share how those variables were created in QlikView and how they were used in NPrinting. It would be insightful information. 

NPrinting 17+ still is able to use variables (they work differently though as they don't expand unless they are expression based variables and have "=" sign at the beginning), and I have never had issues when I tried to migrate report with variable..

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thats interesting.

straight forward date variables created at the end of the load script where the report data is built in the load script of the qvw

somerthing along the lines of:

SET vReportNoDate = Date(Today(),'dd/mm/yyy');

or

LET vReportNoDate = Date(date(floor(monthstart((Today())))), 'MMMM YYYY');

im not convinced what the issue really was in the end. the only way i got the project to migrate was to take a copy, delete all bar one of the reports, migrate, check, add another report, migrate, check etc.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Also if you already solved I would like to ask you to open a support ticket about this issue. Add a link to this conversation and tell that and how you solved. Please specify that you are adding the ticket because it needs a deeper investigation by the developers in order to check if there are issues the solved can be a benefit for other users.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero