cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Add internal table data or dimension to html report

I have a Qlik Sense app. And behind the app, I have multiple tables with data. Some of the data are added to dashboards and charts.

I also have a NPrinting app and a html report connected to the Qlik Sense app. In that html report I would like to display some data which are not displayed in the Qlik sense app. So I don't have the data added to specific Qlik Sense objects.

Is it possible to display also the data, even if I don't use the data in a chart or in a table? And how would I do that? I tried a lot, but it doesn't work. There is no problem to create a report with data from existing charts or tables in Qlik Sense.

Thanks for helping!

BR

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

Simple answer to your question is NO - you cannot display data if it does not exist in Qlik Object. This is because we want Qlik to perform aggregation and all calculation (not Nprinting)

The exception is a f(x)Formulas section (when you build template) where you can build your own formulas (just like you would do when using Qlik text object.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

Simple answer to your question is NO - you cannot display data if it does not exist in Qlik Object. This is because we want Qlik to perform aggregation and all calculation (not Nprinting)

The exception is a f(x)Formulas section (when you build template) where you can build your own formulas (just like you would do when using Qlik text object.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

I have a HTML report.

What do you mean with formula section?

I have an internal table like this:

Table:

Key, Value

A, 3

B, 5

This table is changing after each reload of Qlik Sense app. And don't want to display this data in the app. But I want to display the data in the HTML report.

So I created a formula like this: = [Key]

I was trying to display at first only the Key. But it is not working 😕

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌like i said - simple answer to your question was: NO!!! It is mot possible to achieve what you are trying to do without Qlik object.

the formula / function section (it is on the left hand side below tables in designer view) can return single value only ( so it will not create a table)

for example:

• Sum(field)
  • or date(today())
  • or Concat(field) etc....

But you will not be able to create list of values using this feature.

TO display table you need a qlik object.

i spent so much time describing best practices for Nprinting development an dedicated appis usually way to go. In such case you would not have to worry about object beeing displayed

cheers

lech

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your answer. The problem with a dedicated app for NPrinting is, that you have to maintain a lot more apps.

I have a Qlik App for each customer. So when I have 20 customer, then I have to maintain 40 apps.

And another problem is, that I have to reload the data very often (every few minutes). And the evaluation of the data behind the report is very complex. And with dedicated NPrinting reports, I have to load and compute everything twice.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

as an alternative you can hide a sheet from UI users in security rules (for Qlik Sense) or just conditional hide/show for QlikView.

What you are describing does not convince me. You could always use Binary load to load model and possibly significantly reduce data model too on that occasion so Qlik app for NPrinitng would be smaller. It is likely that you don't need such complex calculations in NPrinting apps as it is static and requires only certain aggregated views.

The other thing is that if you are constantly changing your Qlik Apps this is not going to cut NPrinting reports well as you are exposed to potentially changing its logic too, removing fields used in reports etc.

NPrinting is a tool for static templates meaning that only underlaying data changes (but not underlying structure!!!)

If i were you, i would reconsider how i would like to utilize NPrinting. At the end binary load + potentially drop all unused in NPrinting fields + maybe also drop of rows which are not used in NPrinting from data set might be more beneficial than keeping everything in one app.

at the end it is up to you.

cheers

Lech

cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator
Author

So in that case and regarding that discussion, I would need three apps. The original app to displaythe data in Qlik Sense, one app for the data used in the report and one app to trigger the puplish task.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

correct!